Pages

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE?

I loved this picture from the minute I saw it.
I wanted to scrapbook it and so I photoshopped it to say:
THE GANGS ALL HERE
Yet, something is wrong with the picture.
I just couldn't figure it out, I mean
we are all having a good time, Mom looks so happy...
Then I figured it out...
Look there, right between Mom and Ronnie
Look at that big empty spot.
It is where Larry belongs, 
the Gang was not all there because he is missing.
He was not the perfect person, none of us are.
He'd go for months without calling then the
phone would ring and you'd here
HEY, SIS! HOW YOU BEEN?
I used to hate the way he'd call me sis,
I don't know why but it used to drive me crazy.
Like, don't you know my name?
Now how much I miss it, so much that I find myself
saying sista and brother so much just in
his memory.
He made many mistakes as all of us have done in our own lives.
Again, he was not perfect but he was the
perfect brother for us.
I miss him and there will be something
wrong with every picture we take from now on.
I never thought I'd miss him so much 
but I do.

7 comments:

  1. Why don't you try and crop a pic of him and add him to the Gang because you know, really, that's the only thing missing was his physical body...I know his heart was with us.

    I love that picture, too..what a great time we all had.
    Love,

    C

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see Larry. I don't know why ya'll can't. But I see him in the seven Hearts that are in that picture.

    I also loved that picture the very first time I saw it.

    LUV-U-ALL
    Peter

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful analogy brother, you and C are both right, he is there...
    I all our hearts....

    ReplyDelete
  4. SORRY GUYS, I DON'T SEE LARRY BETWEEN ME AND MOM. I SEE HIM IN FRONT OF ALL OF US WITH HIS ARMS EXTENDED OUT TO COVER US ALL. HOW I MISS HIM! BELOW IS WHAT I REMEMBER THE MOST:

    FAMILY AND FRIENDS
    DON'T BE SAD
    I'M GOING FISHING
    WITH MY DAD!

    HOW TRUE, HOW TRUE!

    LOVE,
    RONNIE

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww.. ya'll brought tears to my eyes!!! He will forever be with us!!!

    Love you all,
    Tiff

    ReplyDelete
  6. You guys bring tears to my eyes everytime I come to read what Lil has written each day. Uncle Larry is doing fine, and him and Poppie are watching and probably cursing together at the TV while watching Mr. Roger's Neighborhood!! Remember that?
    Love you all!!
    Tie

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is awsome and I too cry my eyes out everytime I come to this site. Like I said before, I have to get this on my laptop so I can cry in private. I'm sitting here in my office and everyone is probably wondering what the world is she crying for now! HaHaHa. If they only knew is was happy, heartfelt tears of joy that we are all able to share all this stuff with each other.
    My only regret about Larry is that I wish he would have known when he was still alive how much he was a part of our hearts. Anyway, he knows now and that's what counts.
    Love you all,
    Rosie

    ReplyDelete