Pages

Friday, April 24, 2009

A Louisiana ghost story


Every summer I try and take the older great nieces and nephews 
somewhere special, just the two of us.
Last summer Hugh decided he wanted to go to Myrtles plantation.
He and I share a love for old plantations and ghost stories
and there were some good ones related to Myrtles.
We went there, went on the tour and took lots of
pictures in hopes of getting a good one of a ghost
that we could publish and make lots of money on.
Hugh had spending money, two 20 dollar bills.
He had decided he would spend on bill there at the
Myrtle's gift shop and the other on some of the
other adventures we were planning on finding.
He pulled out one 20 and paid for his treasures and
knew he had the other in his pocket.
As we were leaving the plantation, Hugh felt a cold
breeze on his legs which was weird since it was June
and it was hot. He didn't mention it at the time but
definately felt strange about it. We went on and at
the next stop he went to check his cash and his money was gone!!!!
We went back to the Myrtle's in hopes that someone
had found it and turned it in but it was not to be.
Hugh was really upset, I mean when you are 9 years
old, 20 dollars is a big deal.
Eventually he realized that what had happened to us
was well worth the money he lost.
You see, he and I are convinced that we were visited by
a ghost while there, a child ghost took that
money right out of his pocket when he felt that
cool breeze at his feet. As Hugh reminded me,
there is always a cold feeling when a spirit is present.
We then imagined that little boy ghost who lives at
the Myrtle's was probably sitting in the tree, holding
Hugh's bill and laughing.
Hugh however knows he got the last laugh,
I mean, as Hugh said, what is a ghost going to do with a 20 dollar bill?

It really happened, Hopefully Hugh will read this and tell
ya'll it really happened to us and whatever ya'll think,
Hugh, we know the truth, right?

7 comments:

  1. OH, YES, HUGH TOLD ME THAT STORY A FEW TIMES. TOTAL BELIEVE IT! HOW I LOVE THAT BOY AND ALL MY OTHER GRANDKIDS. THEY ARE THE APPLE OF MY EYES. JUST WAIT ALL OF YOU, EVENTUALLY, YOU'LL WILL FELL THE SAME. I WAS ALWAYS TOLD GRANDPARENTS ARE STUPID, GUESS WHAT, WE ARE!
    LOVE FROM GRANNY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugh, your right ghost can't buy anything with your $20.00 bill. They don't steel to spend the money.It's a test. They do it just to see if they can. But after they do they are never teased again by the other goast. What your $20.00 bill bought was a LOT of self respect for on LITTLE ghost.
    Good luck on your science project. I would like to hear all about it when it is all done. Please let me know how you do with it. I'll be waiting to hear from you.
    Uncle Peter

    ReplyDelete
  3. He has told me this story several times, and although I did not believe in ghosts before now I do. I bet there is a little boy ghost waiting for Hugh to go back to the Myrtles. You know what would really be crazy? If Lil and Hugh go back this summer and he finds that 20 dollar bill. Then I would really believe in ghosts!!
    Love,
    Tie

    ReplyDelete
  4. AFTER I WROTE A COMMENT ON TEDI, I DECIDED TO WRITE ANOTHER ONE ON YOU. I DON'T KNOW IF YOU REALIZE HOW VERY SPECIAL YOU ARE TO ME AND THE REST OF OUR FAMILY. I TOTALLY BELIEVE THAT GOD PUT YOU ON THIS EARTH FOR A VERY IMPORTANT AND SPECIAL REASON. THAT IS WHY YOU SURVIVED THE BEGINNING OF YOUR LIFE. DON'T KNOW WHAT THAT REASON IS BUDDY BUT I BET YOU WILL KNOW WHAT IT IS IN GOOD TIME. I JUST HOPE I AM STILL HERE TO SEE IT AND I CAN SAY TO YOU "HUGH, THAT IS WHY YOU WERE BORN AND WHY GOD MAKE SURE YOU SURVIVED"

    ONE LAST THING, HUGH, GOD PICKED TWO VERY SPECIAL PEOPLE TO BECOME YOUR PARENTS. FOR 3 1/2 MONTHS THEY WERE BACK AND FORTH TO THE HOSPITAL WHILE YOU WERE IN THERE. SO, HUGH, PRAY TO GOD EVERY NIGHT THAT YOU HAVE THE PARENTS YOU HAVE TODAY!
    LOVE YOU, BUDDY
    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete
  5. Proud of you too Huby! Keep up the good work.
    Love,
    Aunt Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hugh, I like the picture of you sitting on the porch. I think that you'll be as tall as Kris...look at those long legs. I've heard the story of the $20 and it does seem strange that you felt that sudden cool breeze and then your moula ends up missing. I would have been mad that some invisible Chum stole my spending money, but where do you even start looking for him???? You know how much I love Stephen King, maybe you can write a short, chilling story about this experience and post it for us; perhaps Flat Stanley can be the ghost who finds the bill. Afterall, he is small and flat, isn't he??? I think it can happen, don't you??? ;-) (that's a smiley wink..LOL)

    Love ya,
    Aunt C

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, Hugh! That is a cool story! I bet it upset you at the time but then you thought about how ironic it was.

    When you were born, we prayed so much for you to live and to be healthy. We love you so much. You are truly special and we know you will accomplish whatever you decide to do in life!

    ReplyDelete