Pages

Friday, April 17, 2009

what motivates you?

Okay, so ya'll all know that I've had 13 months to get my body where I wanted it for this wedding.
However, nothing has motivated me. I've probably put on 15 pounds in the last 3 years with thyroid problems, back problems, but let me not blame this. My philosophy is, I DON'T DRINK I DON'T SMOKE, I DON'T DO DRUGS, I DON'T CHEAT ON MY HUSBAND SO I LIKE TO EAT, SHOOT ME ALREADY!
But now the wedding is so close and I'm so fluffy. Yesterday I recieved my motivation.
Now remember my mom is 88 and suffers from dementia. You can compare her to the old momma on THE GOLDEN GIRLS. She says what comes to her mind doesn't bite her tonque then forgets she said it.
So, yesterday I go to pick her up for her eye doctors appointment. Before she can say hello, glad to see you, love you she says, "Lilly, I hate to tell you this but you are getting fat."
This is the first time I have ever heard these words from my momma's mouth in reference to me in her whole life. It made me laugh so I said, "I know mom, that is why I'm on a diet."
She potitely tells me, " Well you better quit the diet because it's not working!"
So yesterday and today I  have walked two miles and cut out all my sweets...
Thanks mom for motivation and when I look hot at the wedding it'll be thanks to mom.

1 comment:

  1. Like we all said at the Minnie's shower last weekend, If she thinks your fat, I'm not going see her for a while till she gets off her fat kick.
    You already look HOT!!!!
    Love Ya
    Rosie

    ReplyDelete