Pages

Thursday, October 22, 2009

HALLOWEEN IS COMING

Thanks Owen for being a good sport!
Did this on my computer hopefully it won't scare
you guys too much!
Halloween has always been one of my favorite holidays
going back to the old days of my own
trick or treating
then when my kids were young,
oh, did we have fun!
Then there was the Tarpon Heights days
when we all got together,
Aunt Lil made a chili and everyone
brought a bag of candy.
So this year,
Roddie and Katie are planning
a Halloween bash at their
Plaquemine home and hoping
that all of you guys can make it
since Halloween is on a Saturday.
Katie says YOU MUST DRESS UP
if you come, unless you are her daddy
and your name is Frank....
Hope to see all of you there!

2 comments:

  1. In my neighborhood for Halloween we had a staple of goodies... Nan Coon was always good for all kinds of chocolate, Mrs Norma was the candy apple stop, then across at Ms Lottie's were the popcorn balls followed by Adlein and Duvic's carmel apples.... all located within a few houses of each other... these old ladies spent all day preparing these goodies for the kids of the neighborhood... I think there were 8 of us total! Maw maw Alis across the street would dress in costume, sit on her rocker and give out her citrus fruits along with all of the above... she made them all.... Then we'd pile into the car and hit Maw Maw Lucy where we'd get bubble gum, candy, and satsumas.. Gee had satsuma's that he was very proud of and on one Halloween, dad made us hide in the bushes, and he put on sheet... he rang the door bell and shook his bag each time getting one and only one little candy from Gee... then he ran around to the backyard in and out of Gee's trees ... Gee yelled for Lu Lu "he's going for my oranges..." and if it wouldn't have been for the stone path, dad wouldn't have tripped and lost the sheet...... we also had a penny party at school and bobbed for apples. I also dressed up like a "moss man" and went on a date with a hot chick I new in high school and we crashed a bible study bonfire... Go Figure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! too cute!
    i personally can't wait for halloween!
    i love to be scared, but my children definitely have not inherited my need for fear.

    thanks for stopping in on my blog, will keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete