Pages

Sunday, October 11, 2009

MUCH TO FIND OUT

There is much to learn when hanging out with Owen
last night.
First there is all he know about fire safety.
He reminded me that if you are on fire
the best thing to do is cover your face and
STOP, DROP, AND ROLL.
There is the fact that he believes he will live to be 100
but Mommee definitely will not because
she is already so old.
The other fact is when you get a fresh haircut,
not only does your head itch terribly but it will stick up
with no help at all.
There is the fact that when you are playing Trouble
and waiting for the number 2 forever to win,
and some old lady comes and knocks your person
back to home that is grounds to quit the game.
However, I reminded him that we don't quit games.
He hung in there and was a good sport even
though the Mommee won.
The fact that a ham poboy does not include
mayonnaise so if it does he is not eating it.
He will eat tater tots from any plate
and when you are on vacation you can have
ice cream no matter what.
Owen is enthralled with my kitchen floor
insisting it is a chess board and he is
the chess player.
I find out that Owen is a tooth grinder
when he sleeps and although he
insists he never sucks his thumb, it has been
a long time since he had like since he is 4,
I awakened in the middle of the night to
the most precious sight of this
sweet child, who is now a whole hand old,
sucking his thumb.
I just had to stare at him for a minute.
What a cutie he is.
Since he will be with me until Tuesday,
I just know I have lots more to learn.

2 comments:

  1. WHAT A BEAUTIFUL, SMART, WITTY AND LOVEABLE THIS CHILD, OWEN! HEY, SOUNDS LIKE 6 OTHER PEOPLE I KNOW AND LOVE!

    L Y GUYS,
    GRANNY

    ReplyDelete
  2. if you think Trouble is a riot... try "fish" !! Now that's a hoot! And thanks for bringing him around... he won't forget it.

    ReplyDelete