Pages

Thursday, October 8, 2009

sammie hartsfield

I know two posts in one day is a bit much
but while walking and saying my prayers
I remembered my caringbridge friend,
Sammie hartsfield
www.caringbridge.org/visit/sammiehartsfield
She is a 12 year old girl who is on
her last round of her fight against childhood cancer.
Her mothers post yesterday was heartbreaking
saying that Sammie is almost done
but instead of being at peace with dying
she is saying she is dying and frantic with fear
screaming for her mom and dad
I don't mean to put a damper on your day
but as we go about our day
wearing our rose-colored glasses
there are children out there dying
who are terrified of never seeing
their parents again.
Imagine how hard for her
imagine how hard for her parents
and her siblings.
During the day today can you offer
a few words up to your
HIGHER POWER
and pray for all the Hartsfields.
Wouldn't want to be them today.

5 comments:

  1. I went to the website .... wish I hadn't ... glad I did ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet little Sammie died this morning at 3:00AM.
    May she now have peace and feel Jesus with her
    May her parents and siblings be able to go on without her.
    Pray for all of them

    ReplyDelete
  3. ----- Hi Lilly, I think this news is a loss but also a blessing. I went to Sammie’s caringbridge site that you put in your post that you blogged. When I arrived there I found out that Sammie passed on October 9th at 3:00 A.M. I went there to leave her this note but didn’t. I don’t know what to do with the note now, so I’m leaving it with you to decide what you think should be done with it. Sorry!!

    ----- Hi Sammie. You don’t know me. I got this address from my sister Lilly. I wanted to leave you this note so you would know this:

    ----- People like me are asked to put ribbons out for cancer awareness. But in your case this didn’t happen and I’ll tell you why. There are so many people who wanted to show you how much they loved you your ribbon turned into a “Gimoungnious” flag with millions and millions and millions of kisses on it. Also on your flag was a note that read: Sammie, you are leaving NO ONE behind. When you get to Heaven everyone you know and love will be there waiting for you. EVERYONE you know and love will be there to deliver all those kisses to you. God promised this and I believe. He also promised he would be with you on your journey until you get to Heaven. To keep you safe and warm with His love.

    ----- Your Friend,
    --------- Peter

    ReplyDelete
  4. I HAVE BEEN VISITING SAMMIE'S SITE SINCE YOU EMAILED US ABOUT HER. I HAVE NOT VISITED IN A COUPLE OF DAYS BUT AM SO SORRY OF HER PASSING BUT LIKE PETER SAID SO VERY HAPPY THAT SHE WILL BE AT PEACE AND NO PAIN. HER FAMILY IS NOW THE ONES WHO WILL NEED THE PRAYS BUT KNOWING THAT SHE IS IN A FAR BETTER PLACE THAT ANY ONE OF US SHOULD CONSOLE THEM IN TIME.

    PLEASE JESUS KEEP SAMMIE IN YOUR CARE UNTIL SHE REACHES THE PEARLY GATES OF HEAVEN. THANKS FOR HER SHORT LIFE WITH US.

    LOVE TO ALL!
    RONNIE

    ReplyDelete
  5. ----- I'm not trying to be funny here or trying to sound like an A _ S. But would someone please explain to me what the term "Pearly Gates" mean. I've heard and have even used the term before but really don't know the exact meaning. Please help me to understand. I do know that or I should say I think I know that the gates are the entrance to Heaven. What does Pearly have to do with it ?? Explain the meaning of the full term to me so I can maybe use it in some of my future writtings.

    ---------- Thanks,
    -- LUV-U-ALL,
    ----- Peter

    ReplyDelete