Pages

Monday, October 5, 2009

oooh you siblings will love this!

Yesterday Tie and I went eat with Mumsie and hung out
looking at old pictures.
Well, I, Being the lover of old pictures have gone
through these albums, rearranged these albums,
organized pictures for most of my growing up life.
I used to stare at my older siblings from a time
before I was born and be so happy that I came
here to live.
However, yesterday I come across one album
with all these little bitty cut up pictures in an
old album that I can't remember ever seeing before.
I took the album home to remove all, scan them
make them larger so we can enjoy them
then I will place them in a better album for the mumsie.
Thanks to computer technology,
we can all enjoy a moment in time and I just
know ya'll will all want these so I am in the process
of burning all 102 of them to a disc for each of you!
Now would be the time to say how much you
all love me ; ^ )
Look at his treasure, Look at Mone how beautiful!
Peter and Larry always next to each other,
Veronica is absolutely the cutest in this picture.
Jeanette and Jolynn, well they just
can't be as cute as the Collins kids...
What about Mom in the background is she
crying or wiping the sleep from her eyes,
We'll never know, she doesn't remember.
One of those big birthday parties, when life was so simple.
No horses, Pizza establishments,
no blow-up jumping parties,
no themes, just an old fashioned get together
when little girls put on their party dresses,
little boys hid under tables
(yes, that is you Peter)
and family enjoyed just hanging out together.
Oh, what i would give to go back in time
some days...
Grandma Cheramie died when I was 5 but I can
remember her looking just like this.
She would give us a nickel out of her black
"Sasoo" purse each time we visited.
Look at Mone looking all hot and bothered...
I'll bet Mom was pregnant for me this Christmas
and didn't even know it yet because that
is Celena in Simone's lap and she is about 2,
If this is December and my birthday is in August,
she was just pregnant,
we all know what Mom and Dad did for
Christmas eve that year!
What about these bathing beauties?
Mom and her own siblings:
Aunt Ella, Aunt LeeLee, Uncle Luke and Mom...
Mom and Celena on Grand Isle beach with
cousins I don't know,
must be Aunt Ella's kids since they are
the only ones I don't really know,
any help here, siblings?
Daddy looking all debonaire...
Mom looking EXACTLY THE SAME as she looks now,
Isn't it funny that even as a little girl she had
a grown up face?
She definitely had to grow into her face,
but boy did she!
Not sure what this picture is from but there is
our handsome brother, Peter looking like
Buddy Holly and that cute tall guy in the background,
well, Uncle Jay, of course!!!!
More where these came from,
look for more posts about this treasure I found!

5 comments:

  1. --- Well Lilly, you out did yourself with this blog. Thanks so much for sharing these pics. I can't wait to see them all. That pic of Daddy could very easily pass for a gangster of the time. Some bring back memories and others I have no idea who they are. But all the pics brings some type of memory of the times which were so innocent.Warless, free of sin, care free and no useless worring, etc.,etc.,etc. WOW, I need to write something about these times and blog. it. Such a special time in history really. Even the music of this time period was so innocent if you listen to the lyrics. Now I really feel like writing about life as I remember it at this time.

    --- Again thanks a lot for the pics. and the inspiration.

    --- L-U-A,
    ----- Peter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anytime is a good time to express our love for one another, but LIL...I LOVE YOU!!! OMG I can't wait to get my CD in....Absolutely unbelieveable!!

    Love,
    C

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the windows into the past. Its fun to see a kid getting squeezed so hard that its filling up his chin (see pic 1) or the big party with the old lady step-ins flinging in the breeze and the old picket fence and shotgun style door and shutters in the backdrop (late 50's?) ... what about (our family referred to her as Mommie Hugh (youg)) yep, Minta was pregnant and just before the picture was taken she told her mother... I agree with Nonc Pete, Freddie looks like he was on his way to Mosca's ... a little gangster look... I love the vest and collar clip... and Mommie looks like a school teacher..And Peter looks snazzy in the velure vest and I love how everyone dressed up.. And trust me, I sit behind Mone in church and she's still got the same glamourous look. Windows to the past are so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And Mommie Hugh is frying chicken... she's got the window open, the fork in one hand and the other is in the flour... I bet she's frying chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'M WITH YOU PETE, THESE PICS BRING BACK OLD MEMORIES. SOMETIMES I WISH I COULD GO BACK TO THOSE TIMES - THE RECORD HOP AT THE AMERICAN LEGION, THE 2:00 AM WALKS TO DUFRENE'S BAKERY TO GET OUR HOT BROWNIES, THE "NISH", EVEN THE SCOUT WALK EVEN IF IT TURNED OUR NOT TO BE MEASURED RIGHT, BUT GOING BACK MEANS THAT WE WOULD HAVE TO GO THRU THE FORWARD AGAIN AND THAT I WOULD NOT LIKE TO DO.

    ANON ONLY YOU COULD POINT OUR THE "STEP-INS" HANGING ON THE LINES. AFTER READING YOUR COMMENT I HAD TO GO BACK BECAUSE I DIDN'T NOTICE IT AT FIRST. NO WE CALLED OUR MOMMIE HUGH GRANDMA BUT WE DID CALL YOUR GREAT GRANDPARENTS POPPIE AND MOMMIE JON. "HOW THE WORLD TURNS!"

    YEA C I WISH YOU YOUNGER SIBLINGS COULD HAVE EXPERIENCED THE GREAT TIMES WE HAD IN THE "PASS". EVEN EXPLAINING IT JUST DOESN'T DO IT JUSTIC.

    THANKS, LIL! KEEP THEM COMING! YOU TRULY SET OUR BRAINS TO THINKING.

    L Y'LL

    ReplyDelete