Pages

Thursday, May 5, 2011

I know everything about her

After spending the whole day with this angel baby
I know everything about her.
I know every crease and crevice.
I know that if you put her on her changing table she
will coo and smile for you while you talk to her.
I know that she does not like her diaper changed
unless it is full of poop.
I know she likes outside and follows the sounds of the birds.
I know she recognizes her Mommy's voice from
wherever it comes in the house.
I know how to fix her bottles and how she likes to be fed.
I know how to burp her in hopes that her reflux
does not make her spit up half her feedings.
I know how to put her to sleep and if she refuses
the pacifier she will definitely settle for your pinkie finger
just like Princess Di settled her own baby boys.
I know her favorite place to sleep is in her Mommy and DeDa's bed.
As she and I laid in that bed for an afternoon nap
I stared at her beautiful face and
I realized that I want to know her this well for her whole life.
As she grows she will change as she does now so quickly..
I want to be the Mumsie that knows all her favorite stuff.
Knows what comforts her, knows her secrets.
It will never be as simple as it is now to know all about her
yet I want to. I want to be the soft place she can land
when things aren't going her way.
As soft as that mattress of her parents is right now.
I simply love her in a way that I didn't think
was imaginable.

3 comments:

  1. Are we a powder mix or a pre-mixed forumula girl? Are we simlac or enfamil? I remember we were a breast-fed baby family but I do recall going to the formula from time to time. We were a powder (enfamil) family. Warm the water in the pot and drop the bottle in. Is that still how it works? And the changing table wasn't only for cooing. Some of the best farts were produced on the changing table. Bring the knees to the chest and rub the belly and poot poot poot goes the choo choo train. Ahhh the good old days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is beautiful, Lil!!!

    ReplyDelete