Pages

Monday, May 16, 2011

must pay attention to AM and PM

Yup, yesterday I headed out the house at 1010 am
determined to see the movie Water for Elephants.
Got there in plenty time, bought my ticket,
thought it was odd that it was 10 dollars, but
hey, maybe they went up on the prices.
Went inside with my trusty Dallas blankie.
I hand my ticket to the manager and he says,
"Oh, there's a problem"
A problem... come on I bought my ticket,
I am all ready, I am hungry...
"This ticket is for 1040 tonight"
Ugh!!!! He was very nice about it and if I wasn't so old
and remember what it is to be flirted with, I would think
he was flirting when he said,
"But if you want to come back tonight, I'll watch it with you"
NO, I think I will swap me ticket,
by 1040 at night this woman is in bed!
I go outside, now time is ticking, gotta make a decision
on what I am going to see.... hmmmm.....
BRIDESMAIDS
it is.
Exchanged my ticket and got 5 dollars back.
I knew that price seemed a little steep.
I go to the counter because today I am going to try
the pizza, baby girl says its pretty good.
Yet in the time it took for me to exchange my ticket,
the snack line is loooonnnggg and as usual for the Palace,
just one little guy serving all these early morning viewers.
Oh, but I get called over to the counter by none other
than, you guessed it, the manager...
He says he feels bad that I have to wait in the long line
so he serves me and makes my pizza himself, we chat
while he waits for my pizza to cook.
Okay, he's not my type, tall and bald, about 35ish.
I like short, dark, mexican types... lol
As for the movie, it was so great!

2 comments:

  1. Was it flirting or sympathy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You crack me up! Yep - "Your type" describes HOBL perfectly - MY HOBL!

    ReplyDelete