Pages

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mothers day...

It may be a long, long time from now when I figure out
why I have been so lucky to be the Momma to the
two amazing children that call me Momma.
That they have, even through rough times, been
connected to me and I to them.
To have been told for many years that I would never
have children then to find myself with two of what I
believe to be the most amazing people calling me momma,
well it sometimes blows my mind.
Because of this life I have been given,
my children have had these two women to call their
grandmothers.
They were polar opposites of each other but I
believe that each of them have had a part in the
people my babies are now.
... and this mother, oh this mother who has been my rock
for many years.
I know that I learned how to be a mother mostly from this
woman and from my older siblings who also all had
something to do with the woman I am today.
This Mother was the best for me.
She never allowed me to feel sorry for myself,
but never let me forget how lucky I was.
Because of the beauty of being a Mother myself,
I have had the honor to call Kd my daughter-in-law.
Because of her wonderful upbringing this grandbaby of
ours will be so darn blessed.
I watch her with her little baby daughter, my son's child
and I am so thankful that she is the Mother to our Jilly-bean.
I hope that Baby boy understands what a prize he got when
Kd became his wife, mostly because of the way she
mothers his child. That he can go away for two weeks to work
and not worry a bit about the welfare of his baby girl.
I hope I gave HOBL this same reassurance as he found himself
away from our own children for half of their lives.
So to these two sweet babies of mines,
again I say,
The best job I feel I have ever done was being y'all mother.
More joy has been brought to my life by you two
than from any other thing in my life.
On this Mothers Day I salute you two because
without being your mother my life would have never been complete,
never have been fulfilling.
Happy Mothers Day to all


No comments:

Post a Comment