Pages

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Saturday, a day of gatherings

Started my Saturday afternoon with amazing, old friends.
Stacy and Thomas' little girl is already 5 years old!!!!
There was another important birthday I had to miss to make
this one, Little Lillian has turned 2 but I decided that I had
not seen these old Cut Off friends in way too long.
In 1993 myself and these three amazing women began
working together for Dr. Camille Pitre (right).
We were the original four.
It became more than a job, it became a place to
grow, learn, and understand what friendship was about.
Those were some good old days and I have to say,
we seem to be aging quite nicely.
These three women will always hold a special place in
my heart because there are many things we have and
continue to share.
I hate that we don't take the time to visit more often
but we are all so busy in our own lives.
However, we will always be close.
Stacy is having a blast raising Abby.
Liz is now the grandmother to three beautiful little boys.
Camille graduated her oldest daughter this very same morning,
her little boy already in high school.
A bond here that can never be broken.
My next venture was to visit with my bestie, Laurie and her
family then we had supper at this new restaurant in Larose.
My besties, Laurie and Ann and my friend, Lindsey
had an amazing supper here.
The restaurant is in the old Dufrene house and I was so glad
that finally this home was being used for something so wonderful.
For many years it just stayed closed up.
I have a feeling that this restaurant will be place known to many.
the atmosphere is grand yet comfortable.
We sat on the patio and the food was amazing...
But the most amazing thing about the whole night was spending
time with these "girls"
we are never together where we don't have a blast.
We laughed, cut up a little bit, caught up on the happenings
of each others lives and, of course, reminisced of old times.
Yes, and we did some gossiping....
It is in our nature.
Yet these besties, right there, well they are diamonds to me.
Having friends like these are not something money can
ever buy. I love my besties!

3 comments:

  1. 1993 -- a picture of the four horseman! Never have I met a group that enjoyed the pain and fear of others ... walk in the doctor's office and it was laughing and giggling then stabbing (with a needle the size of your drain line) ... Lil hit him with 5 cc's ... And thanks for dropping in on the bfob. I really enjoyed your visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Bfob..... Will catch ya next time was short. On
    Time ya know?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I HAD A BLAST!!!!

    ReplyDelete