Pages

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Things Mothers teach us

I rarely read forward emails from others.
That is unless it is from my friend, Lindsey.
She sends me the funniest and the ones that make me think.
So, it is this morning that I awaken to one Linz sent me titled,
THINGS MY MOTHER TAUGHT ME
1) APPRECIATING A JOB WELL DONE
"If y'all going to kill each other, do it outside.
I just finished cleaning."
2) RELIGION
"You better pray that comes out of the carpet"
3) TIME TRAVEL
"If you don't stop I am going to knock you into
the middle of next week!"
4) LOGIC
"Because I said so, that's why"
5) MORE LOGIC
"If you fall out that tree and break your neck,
you are not going to the store with me"
6) FORESIGHT
"Make sure you wear clean underwear in case you are
in an accident"
7) IRONY
"If you don't stop crying I am going to give you something
to cry about"
8) OSMOSIS
"Shut your mouth and eat your supper"
9) CONTORTIONISM
"Will you look at the dirt in the back of your neck?"
10) STAMINA
"You will sit there until you eat your spinach"
11) WEATHER
"This room looks like a tornado went through it"
12) HYPOCRISY
"If I told you once, I have told you a million times, don't exaggerate!"
13) CIRCLE OF LIFE
"I brought you in to this world and I can take you out"
14) BEHAVIOR MODIFICATION
"Stop acting like your father"
15) ENVY
"There are millions of less fortunate children in this
world who don't have wonderful parents like you"
16) ANTICIPATION
"Just wait until your father gets home"
17) RECEIVING
"You are going to get it when your father gets home"
18) MEDICAL SCIENCE
"If you don't stop crossing your eyes they are
going to get stuck that way"
19) ESP
"Put your sweater on, don't you think I know when you are cold?"
20) HUMOR
"When the lawn mower cuts off your toes,
don't come running to me"
21) HOW TO BECOME AN ADULT
"If you don't eat your vegetables you'll never grow up"
22) GENETICS
"You are just like your father"
23) ROOTS
"Shut the door, do you think you were born in a barn?"
24) WISDOM
"When you get to be my age, you will understand"
25) JUSTICE
"One day, you will have kids and I hope they are
just like you!"
Each of these made me smile or chuckle since we have all
heard these sayings from someone in our lifetime.
Thanks Linz, for making my morning,
hope the rest of you enjoy them.

1 comment:

  1. 26. Your Middle Name -- middle names were given by mothers for use on those special times. You really didn't know it until you were in deep deep trouble and it came at such a high pitch ....

    ReplyDelete