Pages

Friday, February 3, 2012

A momma adventure today!


My sisters and I have been guilty of
our sister time.
So today we have planned a date with each other
and our momma.
Now there is nothing about telling momma
about the adventures we plan for us
and hearing her excitement.
She may be old and she may have dementia
but she loves her kids and she loves gambling.
Last night I call her to fill her in on what we have planned.
In her voice I can hear her excitement when she says,
"Oh good, fine, I am so excited I won't be able to sleep tonight"
I go on to tell her that not only are we all going to
have lunch with her but we are then going to
take her to Amelia Belle for gambling.
I joke with her and say that the only bad thing is
she will miss her Friday afternoon bingo at the Manor.
Then, like she always does, she throws in her kicker
that just melts your heart and makes you wish
you had not waited so long to take her somewhere,
"Oh I would miss that bingo any old day to spend time
with my children"
Oh, momma, you are the bestest!
Of course, when I call her this morning, she is still
in bed and knows something is planned but
cannot, for the life of her remember what.
I go through the whole itinerary one more time
and she says, Oh good, oh good with each
thing I tell her.
I guess I don't have to tell you that she
definitely did not loose sleep over the adventure!
love that momma!

No comments:

Post a Comment