Pages

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Extremely loud and incredibly close


Ironically, one of the movies I have been waiting
anxiously to see is also my facebook
book club pick for the month of February.
EXTREMELY LOUD AND INCREDIBLY CLOSE
I love reading books then seeing the movie
but always in that order.
Very rarely do I go opposite and see the movie
then read the book. It just messes up my enjoyment
of the book.
Yet, this one I will, for sure, read.
I loved the movie and unlike my bestie, Laurie
and my big sis, Veronica I used no kleenex.
Nope didn't even shed one tear.
I think it was because I was so into the movie
and figuring out all the little nuances that
I forgot the touching parts of the movie.
The movie also left me with so many questions.
Like the relationship of the grandparents...
Many others but I don't want to post them here
and give away anything of the movie for you out there
if you have not yet seen it.
It is a must-see. For me, this is one
that I hope "the book is better than the movie"
because I have so many questions left unanswered.
Tom Hanks and Sandra Bullock play the parents
but the real "one man show" is this little actor,
Thomas Horn is the one who should be
nominated for some award.
He was believable in his role, so darn good.
Makes me wonder how in the heck do kids so young
get this ability? Has to be nothing less of pure talent,
God-given.
Hoping my questions are answered as I begin tonight
to become absorbed in the book.
It's Jillaxing night!!!! Can't wait to see the bean!

2 comments:

  1. I look forward to the book myself - will see the movie after I read it. I will wait till later in the month to read it so it is still fresh in this short-term memory faulty brain of mine...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm glad you liked it! i'm still shocked you didn't shed a tear, LOL!! i loved it myself!!!

    ReplyDelete