Pages

Thursday, June 6, 2013

JANUARY FIRST

What would you do if you were the proud parents
of a severely and chronically mentally ill child?
Years ago I heard and watched in horror a Dr.Phil 
episode about Jani and her fantastic parents.
I knew and believed that Schizophrenia in adults 
was such a sad disorder, having seen adult friends
struggle with the effects to the family.
Yet on that episode I watched a young girl,
at the age of 5 struggle.
Yesterday I watch the follow up Dr. Phil show
and find that Jani's daddy has written a book,
JANUARY FIRST
WRITTEN BY
MICHAEL SCHOFIELD.
I right away, buy and download to my Ipad.
A summer cold has me down a bit so 
I just know I will begin this book today.
There is always unconditional love between 
a child and it's parents.
To believe and fight for the normalcy of their child
is beautiful but also gut wrenching.
Their bravery in having a second child is 
amazing as I don't know if I would have had the courage
to have other children.
As I have followed Jani's story I remembered how
when her baby brother came to be, her parents
rented apartments in the same complex
because she was so ill at the time, they feared
she would harm him.
They lived their married lives in two separate apartments,
close by so her Dady would have a place to bring Jani when
her Schizophrenia became so complex that she needed 
to be away from others. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful story
of unconditional love between a beautiful and yet very ill 
little girl and her special parents.
I just know this book will get 5 stars from me.
It will be one I also must buy in old fashioned book fomr
for the library I am building.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a very interesting book, Lil! I hope that you feel better soon. I was thinking about Mommie a lot yesterday. Praying for you and your sisters. Love, Lisa

    ReplyDelete