Pages

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Going on a limb

Emily, Aleena, and Toya
my brother, Peter's 3 girls.
You know when you do this blog thing,
much thought has to go into the way you word things
so as not to offend anyone who may be reading
or the person for which you are writing of.
We are all different and what may be private
to some are an open book to others.
As for my life, it basically is an open book
shoot more than an open book.
If you can't read my book, I'll basically
read it aloud to you whether you want to
hear it or not.
So today I go out on a limb,
not to hurt or offend anyone,
I will choose my words wisely
but please know this is basically a brag
session on Toya.
I was privileged to be able to spend
the weekend with this awesome niece of mines.
My favorite part of the time I spent with her
was on Rod and Kd's porch before and after
others joined us there.
You know there is never a time that you
are with Aunt Lil that deep conversations
will not take place.
I don't want to break her trust in me
or her confidence in speaking to me.
I just want to brag about how
much this child has grown personally.
She has not always had an easy life
and I know there have had to been
many times that she felt alone,
but just like the Collins' clan,
she found her way and became a better
and stronger person to become
the wonderful person and most importantly
mother she is today.
Just listening to her talk about her
beautiful boys makes you wish you
knew them better.
She admits fault where she needs to
however it is her talking of forgiveness
that really made me want to cry.
Her amount of forgiveness that she
spoke about to her Aunt Lil has left me
in awe of how much she has grown.
Toya, I am proud of you.
I apologize if there was ever a time that
you needed me and I just wasn't there.
I apologize if there was ever a time
that just by omission I have left you
out of something.
I want you to know that I will try
very hard to always keep in better
communication with you.
We spoke about bond I want you to know
that in my heart, you are bonded,
I love you and although I do not
have any memories to share with you
as a child, I have always loved you
just as the rest of us do.
I am proud to say you are my niece
especially now when I see just how
forgiving and how much growth you have
shown.
A wedding is coming up, because
Marty has finally gotten Toya to say yes.
Save your pennies I see a Collins reunion
coming up soon!!!!!

7 comments:

  1. The first time I ever met Toya was in the Collins family house. The moment she walked through the door it was as though I was looking at myself and I thought, "Gosh, she looks more like a sister than a niece". She is today, as she was on that special day, a very beautiful person.

    We've all made mistakes in all aspects of our lives and part of growing older and more mature is becoming a better person. A person can only better themselves and lift their heavy hearts through forgiveness; haven't we all just recently learned this ourselves. Some may give and others may receive forgiveness at different times, but once you break through the barrier, that always seems to be lingering in your thoughts, the weight is lifted, thus allowing more growth and nurture. Yes, it's true, there are many fences to mend, but at least the process is started. If it takes one post at a time to mend the fence then that's what needs to done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes there are snags in between the posts, but don't ever let that get in your way of completing your fence. You may have to by-pass some of the snags, but when your mission is finally complete, those who have helped, in any way, will be there with you at the end of the line.

    Yes, Lil is right, her life is an open book and she most certainly will read aloud to anyone wanting or needing her advice. This is the trait that brings out her most inner beauty.

    We are all different in our own ways, but one thing that we all have in common is love for our family. No matter what is going on in our personal lives, when one calls needing help, we all show up on your doorstep wondering "where are we going to eat" and then we get down to business.

    Toya, even though we don't say or it doesn't seem to you, always know that we have loved you from the day you walked in to our lives. You have two wonderful, great boys and a great husband "on the way" and you deserve happiness.
    Bronson is already on his way to a very successful future and I'm sure that Dane will find his way as well and check out the great job that you just landed!!! Take this time for yourself and for Marty and be happy; put yourself first just this one time and see what real happiness is all about.

    All my love,
    Aunt C

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm here Lil.. can't be snide with a posting like that.. simply beautiful words from beautiful people about beautiful people ..... especially the impregnated, knocked up, loaded belly, one. (like I wasn't going to add my two cents??? c'mon) Beautiful picture ladies.... smiles of happy women make the world a better place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so touched by all of your words!! In the past 22 years all of you helped me more than you could know. For me, the direction and unconditional love has been the most help-all of you gave me something to hope & reach for. To see the love when Aunt Mone held my boys. Aunt Ronnie to make us laugh and without words, felt the love. Uncle Larry treated me like his own and always made me feel welcome. Aunt C always was one to pull me back when I started to drift away from the family. Aunt Lil always had encouraging words for me and to see how she handled problems gave me inspiration. And there was Aunt Roe whom held me up when I didn't even know I needed it! If it weren't for her I don't think I'd still be here;it was easier for me to walk away. The things Grammy and Grampy did for us is more than words could say. When they entered my life I was a mess and Cheryl didn't care one bit...she has always showed me, in her eyes, the pride she had for us. And my wonderful sisters....the joy those girls put in my heart I cannot even say with words! Every one in this family(even those who married in this family) did a part to keep me a part, and for that I will always be grateful! A special thanks to Uncle Ted and Lisa, I felt the love and you always went out your way to say hello! Bronson has made me so proud and Dayne keeps me in line!! HA! This Blog of yours Aunt Lil has opened so many doors for me!! I eagerly await to spend much more time with all of you who welcomed me in this family from day one.....and when i think about it that means every last one of you in this family. I am Blessed! Thanks so much for your love and support! I am proud to be a part of this Collins Clan!! Tears of Joy running down my face-What an experience!!! Love you guys! I have so much more to say but I guess I should get back to work, my break is over! HA

    ReplyDelete
  5. TOYA YOU HAVE ALWAYS BEEN A PART OF THE COLLINS CLAN! EVEN WHEN YOU DIDN'T KNOW IT YOU WERE IN OUR HEARTS AND MINDS. I BEING THE CLOSEST TO YOUR POPPA NOT ONLY IN AGE BUT IN FRIENDSHIP, TOO, SAW THE STRUGGLES HE FACED BEFORE AND AFTER VIETNAM. BUT HE WAS MY BROTHER AND I LOVED HIM THEN AS I LOVE HIM TODAY. I HAVE SAID THIS SO MANY TIMES THAT CHERYL IS PETER'S SALVATION AND I THANK GOD FOR EVERYDAY. WORDS CANNOT EXPLAIN HOW I FEEL ABOUT HER. SHE KEPT MY BROTHER ALIVE WHEN MOST OF US KNEW THAT HIS DAYS WERE NUMBERED. YOU ALSO FACED STRUGGLES IN YOUR LIFE BUT TODAY I THINK YOU HAVE FACED THESE AND LEARNED FROM THEM. AFTER ALL BRONSON DIDN'T RAISE HIMSELF AND I KNOW SAM WAS ALWAYS THERE FOR HIM BUT LOOK AT HIM TODAY. YOU CAN'T ASK FOR A BETTER PERSON THAN BRONSON. WE DON'T GET TO SEE DAYNE VERY OFTEN BUT WHEN WE DO HE IS VERY ATTENTIVE TO US. YOU ARE DOING A GOOD JOB WITH HIM TOO.

    I HOPE YOU WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER OUR CONVERSATION IN CHURCH FOR FIRST COMMUNION IN MAY. PLEASE DON'T EVER FORGET WHAT I TOLD YOU.

    I LOVE THE PICTURE OF YOU AND YOUR SISTERS. THE TWO OF THEM LOOK TO YOU AS AN OLDER SISTER.

    TOYA, YOU ARE STUCK IN THE COLLINS CLAN SO DON'T THINK OF LEAVING US BECAUSE WE WILL NEVER LET YOU.

    LIKE LIL I HOPE THIS DOES NOT STEP ON ANYONE TOES BECAUSE IT CERTAINLY WAS INTENDED TO DO ANY HARM TO ANYONE.

    L Y'LL
    AUNT RONNIE

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete