Pages

Friday, September 4, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DEAR TIFFY...


Today is Tiffany Ann's Birthday!
She is my oldest niece yet never was I able to think
of her as my niece,
probably because we are only three years apart
and even though she was her Momma's oldest,
she must have no memory of being alone.
She was raised, I believe as just another sister.
Tiffy,
you were my first friend,
my playmate,
you went along with any idea I had
and for me, that was fantastic
because no one else ever let me make decisions.
We dressed up often,
(Well until you realized you didn't like the
confinement of clothes ;^)
We played Momma's and Daddy's often.
When you moved to Houma,
I remember being so sad because I lost
my daily playmate.
I know your memory of being a child
is limited but I know you remember
when we wrote the song,
I'M LEAVING ON A JET PLANE
Oh, we would stand on top of that chest freezer
with our pretend microphones
and sing our hearts out.
I also remember you and I found this
old yellow nylon rope
and placed in an old aquarium
that your Perrin had outside,
every day we would stir it with a stick
and eventually it began to turn from
yellow to black because of the bottom
of the aquarium but you and I were convinced
we had come up with a new way to make wigs
and we were going to be rich!
When the famous BB Q's would go on,
we could all stay outside so late
you and I and C and any other kids
who happened to be there
would get on your old swing in the yard
swing and sing,
I still remember to songs:
THE WORLD IS A CIRCLE WITHOUT A BEGINNING...
AND
THERE ONCE WERE THREE FISHERMAN,
THE FIRST ONE'S NAME WAS JACOB....
We used to go to Sister school,
do you remember sister school?
We would go to the LaSalette Center and nuns
would come to teach us about God.
We used to love sister school.
Then when we became teenagers and then
young adults, we hung out so much,
Remember sneaking out the house to
meet Roxanne?
It was excitement and a challenge
just to get out that house without anyone
seeing us, even though we never did anything.
Just a few memories to share with you on
your birthday...
Want you to know I LOVE YOU.
I know you sometimes have to make hard
decisions and I know sometimes you
question whether you are doing what
is right not really for you but for
Tedi because she is your priority.
I will remind you again, today on your 43rd
(I think)
That the only person who you need to answer to
is yourself and your God,
You need to learn to be easier on yourself,
with love and forgiveness,
and what I tell you all the time:
TEDI WILL BE HAPPY IF YOU ARE HAPPY,
TEDI WILL BE FINE AS LONG AS YOU ARE FINE.
She is one of those atypical little girls
who is very mature when it comes to the ways
of the world.
She understands that material things
are not what she needs to be happy.
All she needs is you,
and she will be fine.
I love you and hold all our old memories
in my heart.
There had to be times in your life,
when we were younger,
that you must have been so sick and tired
of living in my shadow,
but I have never regretted the little
curly haired girl who
stood in the shadow of my heart.
Love you, girl!
Make it a good one!

12 comments:

  1. And don't forget ..... Tedi will get old because YOU'RE GETTING OLD!!! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lil!! And just to clear up something, NEVER, EVER HAVE I FELT LIKE I WAS LIVING IN YOUR SHADOW!! You were always there for me in good times and in bad! I love you with all my heart and soul!!

    Yepp, Anonymous, I'm getting OLDER....and honestly, I'd NEVER want to be younger!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. And boy do I remember when we were riding in the car and heard "I'm leaving on a jet plane" on the radio. WE WERE SO MAD THAT SOMEONE STOLE "OUR SONG"!!! Hahahaha!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY FIRST BORN! I WILL NOT GO INTO THE PASS BECAUSE WE DECIDED THAT THE PASS IS THE PASS AND NOTHING CAN BE DONE ABOUT IT. BUT I WILL GO INTO THE FUTURE. I AM VERY HAPPY WITH THE MOVE YOU DECIDED TO DO. I THINK IT'S THE BEST THING FOR YOU AND TEDI AND THE STRESS IN YOUR LIFE, THAT EFFECTS TEDI, WILL BE LESS AND LESS. AS I HAVE SAID SO MANY TIMES, THIS HOUSE IS TO BIG FOR TWO PEOPLE AND NOW WITH THE CHANGES WE WILL BE DOING, WITH YOU AND TEDI BEING SELF-SAFICIENT(SP), AND CAN COME AND GO AS YOU PLEASE, THINGS WILL BE SO MUCH BETTER FOR YOU, TEDI, AND US.

    SO, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TIF, AND I HOPE YOU HAVE MANY, MANY, MORE!

    L U,
    MOM, AND DAD TOO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Tiffany!!!!! I just can't believe that you are 43! Lil has got to be wrong. Do you know how old that makes me? Not a minute older, you just catching up with me. LOL! I heard from your Mom last night that you and Tedi have decided to move in at your Mom and Dad's. I think that is a great idea. I know how stressed you been about bills and hopefuly this will relieve some of that stress. You do know what your Mom & Dad's plans are right?? And it seems to all be working out for them. Your Mom and Dad's plan: Move the kids as close to us as possible, then take off and leave them behind!!! LOL (really, that is their plan. Don't know if they told you kids, but us sistas know!!) Nanny (Aunt Mone) is really excited about moving also. Says she will be closer to work, being she is having such a hard time driving these days. Anyway, have a great birthday! Love you lots. And admire you and your accomplishments.
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
    LOVE,
    ROSIE

    ReplyDelete
  6. NOW ROSIE WERE YOU SUPPOSE TO TELL OUR TRUE PLANS? I KNEW IF ANYONE WOULD REVEAL OUR TRUE PLANS IT WOULD BE YOU. LOL LOL LOL ALL KIDDING ASIDE I THINK THIS MOVE WILL BE GOOD FOR ALL INVOLVED.

    L U
    RONNIE

    ReplyDelete
  7. ----- Happy birthday to you,
    ----- Happy birthday to you,
    ----- Happy birthday Dear Tiffany,
    ----- Happy birthday to youuuuuuuuuu.

    ----- Isn't this the most beautiful voice you have ever heard ?? Such great tone. And I bet you and Lilly never sounded this good no matter what ya'll were singing. (LOL,LOL)

    ----- Happy birthday my sweet God Child. And I hope you have many, many more to come.

    ----- You should be very proud of your acomplishments especially when it comes to Tedi. She is such a sweet, beautiful, well behaved and respectful young Lady.

    ----- I-LUV-U-BOAT,
    -------- Uncle Peter / Parrin

    ----- This is the first I hear about you, Tedi and Simone moving. Please give me more details and let me know when this is going to happen. Thanks

    ----- L-U-BOAT,

    ReplyDelete
  8. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! moving??? i'm with pop.... more details please. like address's. speaking of address's. okay, so here's your first sneak peek. mom and me are starting the planning for a shower for M. Save the date for Sunday, Nov. 8th, 2pm in Carencro. Same place mike and i's reception was. more detail to come. can i email someone a list of address's to check for correction???? as i believe a few have moved since my wedding and that's the most updated i've got :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday, Tiffany! I hope that you are having a wonderful day! Thank you for the wishes for Abby! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you all for your well wishes!! It will be a lot easier on me (for sure) living at mom and dad's!! We are splitting the house in two so we'll all have our own space. It's awesome to think of only having something small to keep clean!!!! Hahahaha....this house has been way too big for way too long!!!

    HAHAHA, ROSIE....YOU ONLY "THINK" WE DIDN'T KNOW THAT!!!! LOL

    Thanks for the singing Perrin...YOU DO SOUND BETTER THAN LIL AND I....NOT!!!! HAHAHAHAH....

    ALENA, MY ADDRESS WILL BE THE SAME AS MOM'S, 245 WEST 133RD, CUT OFF!!

    Thanks Lisa!! My day is over, it's 11:30pm and I'm going read!! Gonna TRY to sleep!! lol

    Love you all, with all my heart,
    Tiff

    ReplyDelete
  11. oops...darn typo...address is 345 west 133

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aleena, you can probably send the list to me to check since I believe I have the most current since Rod's wedding.
    lilriera63@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete