Pages

Sunday, September 6, 2009

HAPPY SISTA'S DAY

Yesterday I did something that I don't do nearly enough.
I made the time to meet one of my very good friends,
Mel Thibodaux, in Houma for brunch.
I put everything I had to do aside to visit with
this friend for two hours.
How much I enjoyed myself and vowed that I was
going to do this more often not only with Mel
but all my other girlfriends out there who
I just don't see nearly often enough.
This week as been one of those weeks that
I feel detached from my personal life and
yesterday reminded me of just how important that
part of my life is.
As I told Tiffy on her birthday,
No presents, time is what needs to be given
as I promised her a day out with her Aunt lil.
So as I wake up this morning, contemplating all
of this and wanting somehow to relay this message
to all those out there that I love,
I check my email and there it is:
AN EMAIL FROM ONE OF MY SISTA FRIENDS
CAMILLE, WISHING ME A
HAPPY SISTA'S DAY!
RIGHT THERE ON THE EMAIL
ARE THE EXACT WORDS I WANT TO SAY TO ALL
YOU GIRLFRIENDS OUT THERE
(oh, and you too, Mikie since I think of you
as a girlfriend sometimes ;^)
BE THE KIND OF WOMAN THAT WHEN
YOUR FEET HIT THE FLOOR
EACH MORNING THE DEVIL SAYS
"OH CRAP, SHE'S UP!"
SISTERS,
Life is too short to wake up with regrets,
So love the people who treat you right,
love the ones who don't
just because you can.
Believe everything happens for a reason.
If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.
If it changes your life, your belief,
let it.
Kiss slowly, forgive quickly.
God never said it would be easy,
He just promised it would be worth it.
Today is sister's day.
Let all your Mother's, daughters, girlfriends know.
I am only as strong as the coffee I drink (Mel)
The hairspray I use
and the friends I have.
To all the cool women out there
that have touched my life,
Here's to you!
Thanks, Camille and
love and big wet Jeanie kisses to all!!!!!!

5 comments:

  1. HAPPY SISTERS DAY, MONE, ROSIE, C, AND LIL!!

    LOVE YOU ALL!
    RONNIE

    ReplyDelete
  2. NEVER HEARD OF SISTA'S DAY BEFORE, BUT I LIKE IT. HAPPY SISTA'S DAY TO ALL OF YOU TOO! OF, COURSE, I'M LATE AS USUAL. IT'S TUESDAY AND I'M JUST GETTING TO THIS NOW. GUESS I MISSED SISTA'S DAY! LOL.
    LOVE YA ALL!
    ROSIE

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I"m going to say about that picture is it portrays two people who scare me to death! We're looking at people who hold licenses for needles! Two people who love nothing better than to have me drop trouse and jab me in the derriere with a needle...(use your Tim McGraw voice here) ... they like it... they love it.. they want some more of it! I could have walked into that office just to say hello and I would have gotten 5 cc of something in the butt! AND THAT'S THE GOD'S HONEST TRUTH!

    ReplyDelete
  4. well my dear Mikie, that is not completely true,
    you see the maximum limit of cc's in the butt muscle would be 3cc's
    so if you would need 5cc's that would require TWO needles in the butt!!

    ReplyDelete