Pages

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

MEET THE FITZGERALD'S


From left to right, here they are:
VIOLA, UNCLE ANDY, MARY, ANNA, AUNT LUCY,
OSWALD, EMMA AND IDA!
Are you wondering if they are related,
are you wondering how I know these people?
Well they have me wondering too.
They are what antique shops call INSTANT FAMILY
Now here is the story...
While in Katy, Texas visiting every antique shop
I could find I ran into this picture.
I love old pictures and often wonder about their lives.
However, I rarely buy any of these pictures.
This one struck me and made me wonder lots about them.
The other capturing point was that all their first names
were on the back of the photo, a rare find on old photos.
I studied the photo a long time that first day
in the shop. I wondered lots about them.
Five girls before they had baby Oswald, were they
praying for a boy?
Why are all the little girls looking so sad?
Aunt Lucy is smiling, Uncle Andy is smirking,
but all the little girls are beautifully sad.
Why, I wonder?
Were they wealthy way back in probably the late 1800's?
The children definitely are well cared for.
I went back to the hotel without this purchase.
Yet, even though I didn't know their last name
I immediately started thinking of them as the
Fitzgerald's.
Two days later, it was more than I could resist.
I made my way back to the antiques store,
went through the box of old photos
until I found old
Uncle Andy and Aunt Lucy
placed my 6 dollars on the counter,
and I brought them home to live with the Riera's.
I am working on their scrapbook page
where they will live with the rest of my art.
When you come and visit,
ask to meet the
instant family,
VIOLA, UNCLE ANDY, MARY, ANNA, AUNT LUCY,
OSWALD, EMMA AND IDA
FITZGERALD


4 comments:

  1. Oh, and Rebecca, check out those glass antique beads I purchased from
    an internet store called Etsy....
    Go check it out, especially the vintage things,
    I know you will love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. actually I meant to say, glass antique buttons

    ReplyDelete
  3. ----- Don't you think our family is large enough so we don't have to add a fake one to it. But I also do very much enjoy older things and antiques. Just not in added family members. But the picture is nice.

    ----- L-U-A,
    -------- Peter

    ReplyDelete
  4. What's probably going to happen is later down the road... Roddie and Katie's kids will say ... "oh look, some of our old relatives." and then they'll start comparing resemblences then before you know it ... "poof..ba da bing.. the Fitzgeralds become some Collins'.

    ReplyDelete