Pages

Thursday, September 10, 2009

I now have texting...

I now have texting...
I tried to fight this part of the technology age,
knowing that I am just too darn old to want to
start a new thing to learn,
but then I realized that if I
want to keep in touch with this little girl up there
the way I want to...
And this girl who I love as my own,
and the man she married that I call my baby boy,
and these cute girls,
I will have to join their world.
So, as I complete my first week of texting,
these are my pros and cons:
I have to learn a new way of speaking,
I thought at first that this would not be for me
since I have this habit of having to type these
long drawn out conversations to explain
myself in great detail so I could get my
point across.
As time goes on, I have realized,
"My gosh, Lilly, you are not blogging for
heaven's sake, you need to come up
with short sentences to convey what you want to say."
Which is actually forcing me to use less words to
say the same thing.
I also realize that unlike, answering the phone
which I sometimes don't do because I just don't feel
like doing, I can just type away on my keypad
to all even though I just don't feel like talking.
I love that even though I can't see and talk to Katie
everyday like before the Plaquemine move,
I can text her an update and some love each and
every morning before each of us start our day.
Now if I could just get this little critter up there
to join the age with us and not be so much
like me hating to talk on the phone
and not texting much,
and if I can convince Ronald to get a new phone
with a keypad since he is still using his
dinosaur phone,
understanding that when he is in Alaska,
I can update him on what is going on minute by minute
instead of him calling every few hours
when no one here likes to answer the phone,
well then, then this texting will be so
worth it.

2 comments:

  1. The problem with texting is the nextel/sprint phones are sometimes slow to deliver the message.. which is why to the dismay of my lovely wife... my phone beeps like there's no tomorrow delivering backed up text messages... my phone shuts off at 10 pm and cranks up again at 6:30 am .... so now you know why I don't answer right away.... thought you needed to know that since I got a little sista love from you the other day ............. made me feel a little special .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anon, hate to burst your "little special" bubble, but she sista texted us all! LOL
    have a great day all,
    Love,
    Rosie

    ReplyDelete