Pages

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

A mother/daughter adventure


Shoe-Bee leaves today, last day of practice
and today, today
an old fashioned Adventure day for me and Baby girl.
BG and I, as she grew would do what we call adventure days.
We would wake up with no set plans,
pick a destination and go.
No plans were made except for the destination.
Some times I told her the destination and sometimes
I surprised her.
It is on one of these adventures that we learned
the fun of Magazine street, how to see the french quarter.
You see, BG and I, when we are together in this zone
life is put on hold just to go on these adventures.
The things we found, did on these adventure days
not once failed us in entertainment
because when in comes it ro-daying (going places)
BG and I have that in common.
It has been a long time coming as now that BG
finds herself self-sufficient and busy with work
and living the life she wants.
I long for these days sometimes.
Today I am hoping she is as excited as I am.
We are going check out the small town of Morgan City today.
I hear it is pretty quaint and lots of second hand stores
that both of us love.
"I've got a feeling that today is going to be a good day"

2 comments:

  1. Why don't you wait a day or two and do that adventure with nonc? Now that would be something to blog about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh no that could never happen... would have to separate those two...

    ReplyDelete