Pages

Sunday, July 10, 2011

old pictures, old memories

I have this thing for photo's.
I think all should be respected and my own photos
are all in albums and organized.
When I hear of other photos that are not
in good shape, I immediately want to take them,
scan them, organize them, recapture their newness.
So it was no surprise that when I heard Rosie's albums
were stored in a shed that I needed them!
She has allowed me to scan all of them, make them
better and then put them into better albums
so as to preserve them for future generations.
Another reason I love old photos, especially my own
family's is for the memories it brings back for me
and Rosie's has sparked many old memories.
So get ready because for the next few days
it will be those pictures, those memories that
I blog about.
(myself and cousin Darwin)
The first I would like to share are the old days on
Grand Isle beach. These reminded me why I love
going to Grand Isle. Our family, extended family always
met in Grand Isle a few times a summer
while I was growing. All that could make the trip did.
We played with the cousins that we didn't get to see
as often as we would have liked, bonded with family.
It was an all day affair. We set up the crab lines,
caught all day to boil on the beach at night.
(myself and cousin Dina)
Bored was never a word you heard on those days at the beach.
Heat must have been prominent but funny, no memories
of being hot are in my heart. I loved these days.
(the view from the water)
Because there was so many of these adventures that are now
part of my childhood memories, I had completely forgotten
about this trip that is shown in the pictures I share.
Looking at them I remembered the day like it was yesterday.
I remembered the bathing suit, the people that were there.
On this trip I must have been like 13.
There were many of us this trip.
I remember wanting some time with my Momma alone.
(cousin Morris Jr. and one of his grandchildren)
I think myself and my cousin Dina had a disagreement
and I was upset with her.
I asked Momma to walk and help me find seashells.
She agreed and we began walking away from the crowd,
searching the sand for shells.
I felt like her favorite that day,
I felt close to her, that it was enough for her to
leave the crowd and walk on the beach just me and her.
Because we were not a family to say "I love you" much
while growing up I wanted her to know I loved her
but was shy with the words.
So I grabbed her hand, and she held mines tightly
and I knew that she was feeling the same that I was.
(anne, Jerry, LeeLee and Mone)
It was a wonderful day, wonderful memories from pictures.
Thanks to Rosie for allowing me with her possessions
and to reminisce back on things I never want to forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment