Pages

Friday, July 8, 2011

"She thinks we're just fishing"

If you have not yet heard the country song,
"She thinks we're just fishing"
Look it up today.
Every time I hear it, It is Baby Boy and Jilly-bean
who comes to my mind.
I know that on the waters BB and Jilly
will share things that no one else will be a part of.
It will be their time.
It was that song, those times that came to mind
as BB and I took Cami-girl fishing on Wednesday.
To hear BB explain to Cami all about fishing,
names of the fish, baits,
I could see he and Jilly a few years from now.
Cami was in heaven not with the fishing part,
more in the "catch and release" part,
the learning part,
the visiting with one of her favorite cousins part.
BB was impressed with Cami-girl asking
"Does she ever complain?"
HE was also impressed with her knowledge and memory.
How happy she always is, smiling from ear to ear
for most of the experience.
He was patient with her letting her drive the boat,
taking his time to explain and teach her the basics
of fishing. I got the glimpse that the song
reminds me of.
He is a great father, he will continue to be that
and more...
"and she thinks we're just fishing"

1 comment:

  1. OH LIL WHAT BEAUTIFUL MEMORIES YOU HAVE IN THOSE PICTURES. I WISH ABBY AND I WERE AS CLOSE TO EACH OTHER AS CAMIE AND ROSIE. AND YPU AND JEIIYBEAN. OH WELL I LEAVE IT IN THE HANDS OF GOD. HE HAS ALWAYS SHOWN THE WAY AND HE WILL AGAIN THANK GOD FOR MINTA. SHE ALWAYS MAKES SURE THAT LILLIAN MARGARET AND I GET TOGETHER OR TALK ON THE PHONE
    SHE AND ABBY ARE SUCH A TREASURE TO ME. LOL MONE

    ReplyDelete