Pages

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

To School I Went


Worked at school yesterday,
cleaning and organizing my office in preparation
for the beginning of the school year next week.
Our new school is the bomb and although my office
is still in the old building, same spot,
I am determined to get it clean and organized to match
the new spaces.
If I had any doubt about returning,
after yesterday, it has passed me.
I can't wait to get into the swing of a job again.
Just seeing the few of my adult friends that were there
today had me excited for August 4th.
Do I still have pain? yes
Is it better than prior to surgery? yes
Do I look at the surgery as a success? yes
Do I now think I will make it the next 12 years to retire from
the school system? no
Does that mean that I will not try to complete as many years as I can? no
I am a person who works, I am a person who gives back through her career.
I can choose to be mentally healthy or pain free forever,
I choose mentally healthy.
Because there is no better medicine than giving back to those
less fortunate than you.
What will I miss the most about going back to work?
The Wednesday nights and Thursday that I spend with
the beautiful baby whose picture blesses this blog.
She is the only thing that has made me doubt my reasons for
returning back to work.
However, as she grows it will not be the amount of time
we spend together but what we do with those times
that makes me her Mumsie.
This I know to be true.

No comments:

Post a Comment