Pages

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving

Yes, it is that time of year again, 
time when so many say exactly what they are thankful for.
Seems as though this time last year just passed.
I have so much to be thankful for as this year has been
a hard one with many changes and yet, here I am, here we are,
celebrating another Thanksgiving.
Baby boy is offshore so it will be a quiet one
with gypsy baby, myself and HOBL for lunch
and Kd and Bean coming for supper.
Tiffy and Tedi-girl will be coming this afternoon for a few
days of studying for Tif, shopping for Tedi-girl and I.
The next month will be full of hustle and bustle of holiday 
preparations.
Today take a little bit of time to be thankful for all that makes you happy.
Leave the bad parts out, look at the negatives as being gone, gone, gone.
I am thankful for HOBL being discharged from his doctor
with his broken back being completely healed.
I am thankful for gypsy baby, who shows me every
day another way to live. Who can always put a smile on my face.
I am thankful for Baby boy and the way he looks after HOBL and I
now that we are living close.
I am thankful for KD who is such a friend to me,
always remembers to thanks me for all I do for Bean even though
it is not necessary. 
I am thankful for my big, big, family. We are all so different
from each other but the one thing we all know is that 
we all love each other so much.
I am thankful for another year with my Mommy,
even though her memory is worse than ever, she still
is cute and funny.
I am thankful for the over abundance of friends I have,
I am blessed with so many. Each one is
special to me in different ways, for different reasons.
Last but not least, so, so thankful for Bean.
There are many times this year that she has been the one to get
me out of a funk, stop focusing on myself and remember what
a gem she is. As she grows and her little personality shows itself 
more and more, I like her more.
She is the very best for us, I love spending any time I can with her.
I can't wait to see her this evening as one day without seeing her
seems like a year. We moved here, to Plaquemine to be closer to her
and I can't even think of what our relation would be like had we still
been in Thibodaux. I want her to know me well, I want that as she gets
older, if she says, "I want to go to Mumsie's" it's not an hour away
but a mere 5 minutes. Without her this year, I am not sure if I would have
gotten through this year as I have.
I miss my job, I miss working but that is getting easier and I am thankful 
for that also. 
Happy Thanksgiving to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment