Pages

Thursday, December 24, 2009

CHRISTMAS EVE IS COMING SOON NOW YOU DEAR OL' MAN

MY FAVORITE SONG EVER OF THE HOLIDAY SEASON IS
JOLLY OL' SAINT NICHOLAS
It has always reminded me of the excitement of Santa
coming tonight.
There are those at my school who do not believe in Santa.
They say that every year your parents buy presents and
put them under your tree.
Well I say to all these children out there and to those
who may be reading this:
At my house Santa comes.
Every year I hear sleigh bells in the night.
Every year there is an unexpected present under my tree
in which no one claims to have bought.
Every year on this very day that
I call Christmas Eve I remember times past
when I went to bed wondering whether or not
there is a Santa.
The one thing I do know that at my house,
he lives and so does the baby Jesus who
calls tomorrow his birthday.
Let the magic of this nasty weathered Christmas Eve
live forever in your life.
Enjoy the moment when you tuck your little ones
in tonight as they listen for sleigh bells.
Put out the cookies and milk and a nice note for
Santa just in case he is hungry when he gets to
your house. Put reindeer food on the lawn.
Read TWAS THE NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS
whether it be the Cajun version or the traditional.
Enjoy the magic of having little ones under your feet.
Be extra patient today and tomorrow so that
all the little ones memories are of wonderful holiday cheer.
Drink some eggnog with your significant other
and while the kids have
VISIONS OF SUGARPLUMS DANCING IN THEIR HEADS
share some good memories between the two of you,
make your own adult traditions
and slow down, enjoy the moment
and may all your Christmas dreams come true.

2 comments:

  1. I love this pic of Jess and Katie!!! Keep the spirit alive girls!!! To everyone have a very Merry Christmas! And remember to....keep Christ in our Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. our adult traditions got us to where we are today .... and who gave Jesi the bologna?

    ReplyDelete