Pages

Monday, December 14, 2009

When I grow up I want to be a....

COUGAR!!!!!!!
On Friday on of our Para's once again brings home-baked
treats to school and waves them in front of my nose.
I tell her that I will never be a cougar at the rate I am going.
Huhh, some of the staff asks?
Yes, I tell them when I grow up I want to be a cougar
so I am trying to loose a few pounds to achieve my goal.
There are some electricians in ear view of this conversation
and they are laughing, laughing hard I might add.
I don't know if they were laughing because they
thought I was being cute or if they know
"THAT'LL NEVER HAPPEN"
One of our speech teachers tell me I may already
be one, depends on the type of cubs I'm trying
to attract.
I tell her, shoot I don't want to attract any cubs,
heck I have a tiger at home, why would I want cubs?
I just want to look like one.
Well, at my school Christmas party it is the joke that
spreads around the room.
Some tell me I already am a cougar,
others... well they tell me to just eat,
I'll never make it.
Still I continue on my journey
to make it to cougarhood.
I can tell you however, that cougar or not,
I know how to have a good time.
So, when the band took a break and began
playing 12 days of Christmas
I just had to go up to that mike
and get my two pals,
Mel my date for the night
and Jenny one of or kn. teachers
to sing with me.
What did I learn?
I do not know the 12 days of Christmas
but I do know 5 on down.
That if you give me a chance to
hold a microphone, I will perform
and no, I did not drink,
not one little drop.

3 comments:

  1. You have to think, Lil -- you are a grown-up, but you will always be a cougar at heart! Thanks for putting a much needed smile on my face!

    Love you,
    Tie

    ReplyDelete
  2. "So, just what is the definition of a cougar? It’s a woman, typically 35 or older, who is in a relationship with a man who is younger than she by eight to ten years or more. According to urban legend, there’s also the “half-your-age-plus-seven rule,” a mathematical formula for determining when a May-December pairing of either gender is considered to be within societal norms." By simple definition and by simple recognition of the lifestyle of one Lillian (i.e... pajamas, scrapbooking and cross-stitching) .. IT IS AN IMPOSSIBLE SCENARIO! .. More along the lines of a house cat with a little bell around the neck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I got the 35 or older part....

    ReplyDelete