Pages

Saturday, December 19, 2009

thinking of stephen king


Every time I fly I am reminded of one of my
favorite authors, Stephen King and
one of his short novella's called Langoliers.
If you are a reader it is one of those you should
read even if you are a big chicken....Mikie.
So the whole story is about a plane flight
where some of the passengers fall asleep only to awaken
to find many of their fellow passengers have disappeared.
As they land any many different airports they find the places
empty and lands disappearing before their eyes.
They must place themselves back into the sky to
find the crack in the airspace that they traveled through.
Long story short,
as Ron and I board our flight in New Orleans to head to Houston,
It is still dark and I imagine what if we landed in Texas and
the place was null and void of all....
Well, I would just freak!!!
Does make me want to read the story and even maybe
watch the movie once again.
Now we are in Houston awaiting our flight to Nashville Tennessee.
Weather is beautiful here in Houston
they give possible snow in Nashville.
Ron wakes up this morning and tells me he can't wait for the snow.
Now to most of you this must be a crazy statement from a man
who works in Alaska and just left 2 feet of snow on Thursday.
But for me it is endearing because I realize it is not for him
he wishes the snow but for me,
now that is sweet isn't it?

1 comment:

  1. I've come to the conclusion that since we rarely get anything out of Ronald that you should do a Ronald blog while in Nashville .... that way you can take your mind off of things and provide your readers what they're starving for..... some double R !! The young Lil trials and tribulations are heart warming and you know we love you to death .... but as with most we also long for some good national enquirer material which is brings us straight to Ron! So I suggest you blog away about that hunk-a-hunk of burning love that's by your side with my cap on his head! ..... awwwwwwwww and if you have to, add a little something about your day for your sisters (you know how they are)

    ReplyDelete