Pages

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Notes left behind

Kd and Rod gave me two books for Christmas.
The first I finished reading in 24 hours.
You may have heard of this book called
NOTES LEFT BEHIND
BY BROOKE AND KEITH DESSERICH
If you have not heard of it, it is a must-read.
It is a blog journal written by these two parents as
their child fought a loosing battle with a brain tumor.
After she passed they found notes written in her
6 year old writings and drawings left all over their home.

Again, I say God sometimes speaks to me in words read in books.
In this wonderful book on page 177 I read this
as it relates to my life:
"...it is called a survivorship mentality...
I have come to understand what being a survivor means.
It is bestowed on those who see a glimmer of light
in a hall of darkness. It is a person who has no
doubts, no fear and only confidence,
who at times seems irrational.
It is a person who believes that he or she
alone can find the solution, and that at the right moment,
it will become evident.
It is confidence that exudes optimism hand in hand with faith...
Being a survivor must be more than an ability
to find solutions; it must also be an ability to cope.
Suddenly I understand what it means and I wonder if
I am up for the challenge..."
Yes, I am a survivor. I will find my way and every day
I have a new understanding a new idea.
Great things will come from this new understanding
of my life, whether it be to speak out to others
or to be someone others look to.
Whatever it is, I am up for the challenge.
I AM A SURVIVOR.

3 comments:

  1. From the movie "Grease" but with a BFOB twist .... "A Bloggy from Lilly is like a Hallmark Card"

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you are back BFOB was thinking no one was reading this thing anymore.
    Thanks for taking baby boy hunting, he was so pumped when he killed that deer. Very nice of you all to include him in your hunting plans.
    He will never forget it.
    If ya'll find a wallet, it probably is his. Yet he didn't even care that he had lost his wallet, he was still pumped about that awesome deer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HEY, LIL, YOU ARE WEARING MY PAJAMAS!!! REMEMBER WE BOUGHT EACH ONE LAST TIME WE WENT SHOPPING. IT'S TIME FOR ANOTHER TRIP...I NEED NEW CLOTHES!!

    ReplyDelete