Pages

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

sometimes I wonder...


Sometimes I wonder or am reminded
just how lucky I am to have been born to where I am.
A visiting priest the other day was talking
about the poor in third world countries.
He spoke of how much it drives him crazy
when people who are as fortunate as us
don't give thanks to the almighty
for what he has given us!
He reminded us:
"MY GOODNESS GOD COULD HAVE
CREATED YOU INTO A ROCK,
YOU COULD HAVE BEEN BORN
INTO ABUSE, IN A THIRD WORLD COUNTRY
WHERE A HIGHER POWER WOULD NOT
EVEN BE KNOWN TO YOU"
Now all this is true,
like what made God choose me to be
here where I am?
Why was I not born starving with AIDS in Africa?
Why was I not made to be a part of the earth
to live forever with no thoughts or feelings?
Did he see something in my soul
that would make it more feasible for me
to be a human being in Louisiana
with two children a husband
and a huge family?
When my time comes I will have many questions
for the BIG MAN.
Until then, I hope to make him proud.
I hope to try and not feel sorry for myself
and when a rough day is in front of me,
I hope to remember where I could be
and find joy in every day.
You know we are in control of what type of day
we have so today I hope
not to let any STINKING THINKING
in my mind.
Today I could, with all the rain,
and following a night with little sleep
stay home and feel sorry for myself.
Yet this is not what my God has in store for me.
He wants me to pick myself up from my bootstraps
and go out into the world and do what
he has put me here to do.
Some child at TES needs me today.
Some child right here in Thibodaux
will come to school sick because
either their parent wasn't there
or didn't care and they will need me.
Some child right here in Thibodaux
will come to school hungry and ask
to see the nurse because they have a stomach ache.
I will feed them, talk to them,
encourage them and send them back to class
because at school they are safe.
Today I will get dressed and do
what God wants me to do,
make a difference in my world.
Love my babies, love to all!!!!

1 comment:

  1. You ever thought you were brought into this world for my own personal entertainment?? Think about it ... you casted my arms when I was 9 while waiting for your moment... then you married Ronald knowing I'd love him like my own and one day jump on a bed with some bow and arrow coat hangers in a hotel room ... then you had Roddie to help me develop patience for when I had my own kids then you had Jesi to remind me how kids are supposed to grow up and now you post pictures and write words of wisdom feeding my snide and synical persona ... yep ... you were put here for my entertainment...so continue to entertain and try no to be too depressing b/c sometimes it makes me want to jump off a bridge (the cote blanche pontoon is all I can handle b/c I'm afraid of heights)...
    THIS QUESTION IS ANSWERED.. ON TO THE NEXT! AND QUIT SKIPPING DAYS!

    ReplyDelete