Pages

Monday, April 12, 2010

EARTH WIND AND FIRE

Landed up being just myself and baby boy that went fishing.
Sometimes a momma just needs one on one time with
her babies. Look at this awesome picture above and
please tell me how anyone cannot love living in
the good old Louisiana, Lafourche Parish.
Baby boy and I figured out that we are good fishing partners.
Shoot we really found out that when we are together just
us, we always get along, it's when we add other
people in the mix that we get into heated discussions.
Probably because we both have very strong opinions.
However on this Sunday we enjoyed the beautiful weather
and fixed lots of problems in the world,
just baby boy and I on the water.
BB being the comedian he is, always has to make a riddle
to explain his day. so while out there he said to me,
"Lillian, I have a riddle to explain today,
what disco band can wrap up what today has been?"
HMMMMM, I think and think but can't come up with an answer.
"EARTH, WIND, AND FIRE"
Was his answer.
And it really made sense...
we were enjoying the Earth, the wind was strong,
and the burning of the marsh that we got very close to
sometimes put it all together for us.
So as we fished and watched the marsh burning we began
to catch fish, little fish, Sac-a-let, goggle eye
whatever you call these little fish.
Fish all the same and we were having a blast.
Our total catch?
17 to be exact.
The best part of the trip?
Memories with my BB...
Naming of the canal that we caught most of our fish...
EARTH WIND AND FIRE canal.
I know I say it all the time,
but I so love this child I gave birth to.

3 comments:

  1. It would have been a real treat to ride over to Auntie Lil's house and have a nice meal of fried fish with Nonc Ron and Cousin Roddie and Cousin KD and Cousin Jes and Meathead Chase. Obviously we would have had to help stretch the fish a little bit but it would have been doable. But what happend? Roddie becomes the Salvation Army and donates them away. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually Mikie, Rod changed his mind didn't feel like turning around to donate the fish after speaking to me. Then he called to say he fillet'd them and he and KD had them for supper last night...
    Said they were good, but I wouldn't know it hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful, wonderful way to spend your day with that gorgeous and oh so kind child that you love....thanks for sharing with us

    ReplyDelete