Pages

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Shopping Saturday


Because it has been a rough winter for both
C and I we both are behind on our shopping
adventures. We have planned today in our mind
a few weeks ago and both are looking forward to it.
It is what we give each other now for our
birthdays, a day together shopping.
What makes today different is that
we are taking the Mumsie and her
new red shiny wheelchair with us.
Yep, Mumsie hasn't been on a real shopping
trip in a long time because she can't walk the
malls anymore so a few months ago
she and I got the paperwork we needed to
get her a wheelchair for when she is sick and
for days like today. She is so excited to visit stores again.
C and I joked about the fact that Mumsie will
probably be pushing us in the wheelchair by the
end of the day.
Anyhoo, we are all excited!
BATON ROUGE, HERE WE COME!

4 comments:

  1. Tell C to drop off the handicapped tag on her way back home.. It sure comes in handy at Wal Mart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think anyone who has a baby, a pregnant wife, or 4 kids under the age of 13 should automatically be given a handicapped tag...

    ReplyDelete
  3. ... and by the way, that shiny new wheelchair has opened up a whole new world for the Mumsie, she was in he element and we so enjoyed the time with her. It was fantastic!!!! She shined and it was so worth the extra time it took to bring her with us. I wish I had had a pad and paper to write down all the Mumsie-isms but the one I remember of yesterday:
    As she looked in the bathroom mirror to fix her hair,
    "YOU CAN'T IMPROVE PERFECTION"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, we had a wonderful time, one that won't be forgotten. Of course, I was the biggest shopper of the day, but boy did I rip off DressBarn!!! I shopped on the 70% off racks and then I had a 20% off coupon because I'm a Platinum Shopper (Wonder how that happened???!!!!) so I ended up paying only 10% for my whole purchase. I saved $762.00 and got a whole new wardrobe IN A SIZE 6!!! Yes, the three of us had a time together; Lilly and I will forever remember, but poor Mumsie has no idea where those two pairs of shoes came from....I can't wait to be Mom; so happy and not a care in the world. We pushed and she happily rode. We're so lucky that she's a sweet patient and makes things so easy for us.

    ReplyDelete