Pages

Saturday, April 17, 2010

THE RESULTS ARE IN

Camp shopping can wear you out.
Myself, HOBL, baby boy and girl and Bruddah (Chase)
spent the day on the island looking and looking at camps.
We all understand that owning a camp on Grand Isle
is a privilege and because of HOBL's hard work and
our saving over the last 20 some odd years
that the dream can now become a reality.
So the first here is the practical camp.
It is a cute camp on Plum Lane.
Walking distance to the beach and is on
the bay side so there is places to fish and crab.
Not on your property but accessible all the same.
I am the one who kept saying I would be happy with
any camp. A camp on Grand Isle would be awesome no
matter where it was.
So the first three pictures are the practical camp that
we should and would be happy to own.
Then there is this one that in some ways I wish I had never seen.
Because this camp is the dream place.
Your own private fishing pier equipped with night lighting on
the wharf. A deck porch to sit outside on and watch the sun set
right over the water.
Your own private beach that was created thanks to
Hurricane Katrina.
A camp with so much character that I just didn't want to leave.
The difference between the two?
$100,000 approximately...
So how in the world can I request that my HOBL buy this camp
when it is he who has to make the sacrifice to Alaska every
two weeks who has worked so hard to get us in
the financial position we are in that we can
purchase a camp at all.
So thanks for listening to my inner thoughts.
HOBL will have to make the call here.
But OMG!!!!!!
Look at this view...
I can just see little future grandchildren playing on this private beach
with their MUMSIE (what I will be called)
watching them from the porch...
oooohhhh sometimes wish I hadn't even seen this treasure.
I mean really should anyone spend this much money
strictly for the entertainment factor it will bring you?
Yet crabbing, fishing, swimming, flounder spearing
right off your own pier.
Can you call it a luxury if you are feeding off the land.
You only live once right?
But what if the one time finds you outliving your money?
Points to ponder, points to ponder...

4 comments:

  1. The fun part is naming it! Let me be the first to enter the contest ............. 1. Re-Hab
    2. Den of Sin 3. Lily Pad 4. The Middle Finger
    5. Half on Half off 6. Da Joint

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha don't think we haven't been thinking of that.
    I called baby boy and said,
    "lilbit of paradise"
    after my blog and he said jokingly,
    "Mom why it has to be after you?"
    He had better ideas like
    "anti-depressant"
    I loved it no one else.
    then I said what about SERATONIN ENHANCER
    But we all decided that the name of the camp no matter which one will probably be
    DEDA'S DREAM
    since baby boy called his dad deda forever and when he wants something still does. And it will be what our grandchildren call him also.
    and it's because it's because of him that we even can afford a camp.
    We can't call it what Jesi calls her dad because she has a potty mouth and I think Jefferson Parish may be offended as to what that camp would say...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Choose the wharf ! Deda's Dream --- a big deck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HEY WHAT ABOUT "PAIR-A-DICE" SAW IT ON A BOAT THOUGHT IT WAS CUTE

    ReplyDelete