Pages

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Update

Wish I could just say "APRIL FOOL"
after yesterday's post but you ever heard
the saying,
"sick and tired of being sick and tired"
My Daddy used to say it all the time
in his last few years. He became a bitter man.
I refuse to become a bitter person.
However, sometimes "Ya just gotta let it out"
Yesterday I took a day to "let it out"
to regroup, come up with another plan.
Plan is made, did some reading on chronic pain
and I do believe I am back on track
or as BFOB would say, on my cement truck,
paving my road.
Is the pain any better today, not really
but my mind-set is better and I just know that
will get me through the day.
Some of what I made myself read again
to get me back on the truck?
DON'T LET WORDS OR LABELS ROB YOU
OF PERSONAL FULFILLMENT.
DO NOT DISENGAGE OR SELL YOURSELF SHORT
BECAUSE OF A DIAGNOSIS.
AVOID THE UNDERSTANDABLE TEMPTATION
TO PUT ALL YOUR EGGS IN ONE BASKET.
SEE YOURSELF AS READY TO GET AND STAY WELL,
RATHER THAN AS SICK.
THIS SHIFT ALONE CAN DO A LOT TO HELP
OVERCOME THE CHALLENGES CHRONIC PAIN
PUTS BEFORE YOU.
(Peter Abaci, Md taking charge of your chronic pain)
I may finally be able to say I have chronic pain
but I can tell you my friends, I am not going down easy.
I will fight for quality of life to the end.
I will continue to do this job I love
until the day comes that I am no longer able
to give 150%.
I will be an inspiration to all who love and know me.
I will live until I die.
I do believe I may be back...


4 comments:

  1. Glad to read your blog today. We all need and deserve a down day every now and again. It's kinda like hitting bottom, the only other way to move is up.

    I knew my special cross chain and prayers would help!!! :-))))

    Love ya,
    C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was that last statement meant to be a pun? I need to know bc it totally effects which way I want to go with my post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the old sarcastic me is back BFOB you can let er rip...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just checking because you went from Clay Walker to Arnold Schwartzneger in one line so I needed to make sure.... and I wouldn't say "cement truck" so if you quote me, let's get it right... why? b/c it is a "concrete truck" cement is just one part of the concrete mixture... you don't say "hey, give me a piece of flour" ... you say "hey, give me a piece of cake" .. so I'm more worried about you accuracy than I am about your chronic whatever. And since it looks like you're admitting it, then you've accomplished step 1 of the 12 step plan. But I must say you chose one helluva addiction.. chronic pain?? no fun... at least alcoholics and drug addicts had some fun with theres albiet disasterous. And another thing... when you "took a day to 'let it out'" did that mean you had a little loosy goosies? Immodium works wonders for that. Other than that, in the immortal words of Forrest Gump "That's all I have to say about that" chao

    ReplyDelete