Pages

Thursday, April 29, 2010

scary dream that seems silly in daylight

Ever have one of those dreams that
seem so real and scary in the dark but
when morning arrives and you replay it in your mind
it actually makes you laugh at how stupid the dream
really was? That was me last night.
The dream consisted of visiting one of those
old plantation homes that Hugh and I like to visit.
I guess Hughsky was on my mind last night before sleep.
The scarier the better, more ghost stories the more
we are intrigued.
In the dream I go to book a room for the night in one
of these haunted mansions.
The manager tries to tell me just how scary this place is.
He informs me that some Saints players came
to spend the night and had to leave before midnight
when a ghost was felt in their bed.
This makes me laugh at the counter of the thought
of big burly Superbowl winners being afraid of
a little ghost. Still I book my room.
As I am waiting there I feel a presence touch my arm and
pull me away from the counter, it is dragging me away.
Where, I am not sure but then I see this white dog
walking on just his front paws.
Like when we played wheel barrow as a child but
there is no one seen holding up his back legs.
The scariest part of the dream?
All of a sudden HOBL is there asking to go to church,
to receive communion....
Now that is scarier than the ghost part.
About the time I find Ron and I holding on to each other
receiving communion from the Bishop I wake up.
I wake up because I have to go to the bathroom
but I am afraid to go to there because of this
silly dream.
I tell myself its just a dream don't be so silly
but as I walk to the toilet I am afraid that I will
feel a presence touching me.
I do my business and go back to bed putting my head
under the covers. I know this feeling of being scared
is ridiculously silly but I am still scared.
I do fall back asleep and no longer dream about ghosts.
This morning when I see the sun out I
laugh to myself at the thought that
at 46 I was scared of a dream.
That today it is actually a funny thing when put into
words. Ever had one of these?
Or what about the kind of dream that your
spouse does something that really pisses you off
and it seems so real that
the next day you are mad at him/her all day for
something you dreamed about?
Wonder what dreams really are all about in the
big picture of life.
Dream a little dream for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment