Pages

Sunday, April 4, 2010

EASTER SUNDAY

It has been a few years now since the Easter Bunny
has visited my home.
Gone are the days that I have to leave the
front door unlocked and place Easter baskets
out on the kitchen table all waiting
for the bunny to fill them with Easter goodies.
Gone is the excitement of Putting my babies
to bed with the excitement of knowing in the morning
their baskets would be filled with Easter surprises.
Yes Easter shopping is so much easier now
that my babies are grown
but just for a little while each Easter morning
I have a tinge of sadness when I awaken
to an empty home and no children
going through their loot.
The purpose of the blog this morning?
To wish all a happy Easter
and to remind you parents with young children
to enjoy every moment because
sooner than you will like your address
will no longer be on the Easter Bunny's list.

2 comments:

  1. SO TRUE LIL BUT THEN THE GRANDKIDS COME AND IT STARTS ALL OVER AGAIN. THANK GOD FOR GRANDCHILDREN!!!!

    HAPPY EASTER TO ALL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know why the Easter Bunny passed up your house cause he stopped at mine. Like each and every other year, we all had baskets filled with candies and a small gift. Sheesh, I even cooked a gumbo, go figure that one....and it was good!!!

    Happy Easter, belated, but Happy!!

    ReplyDelete