Pages

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Vacation camp hunt continues

So the hunt for a camp continues.
After the let down of knowing we would not
be buying a Grand Isle camp
we are on to the the next place.
HOBL and I began looking at Lake Verrett
and Pierre Part and Lake Maurepas
and waterfront properties, oh my!!!
It has me thinking,
"What am I really wanting in a get away place?
Well, I know I want a porch that overlooks the water
where I can drink my coffee and just
look at water. Always did want that.
Fishing, I want to be able to fish.
From my yard but also a close enough place
where baby boy can launch his boat and
take me to new places to cast my line.
A place that has crabs and seafood that we are used to.
A place that doesn't need lots of upkeep.
Somewhere that doesn't take more than 2 hours
to get there. That I can get in my car and drive
to in an afternoon and stay the weekend but
be home in enough time on Sunday to get ready
for the work field on Monday.
This morning I was ready to just put it all aside.
I just had my heart so set on Grand Isle.
This afternoon my mind set has changed.
Pierre Part, Lake Maurepas, here we come.
Some tomorrow afternoon more on Saturday.
Before this summer is out I just know we
will have a vacaton spot.

2 comments:

  1. Buy a yacht. Park it in Grand Isle. When a storm comes.. move it up the Bayou. When you want to fish, start it up. Thank me later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok - now I know what you want - I like where you are looking!

    ReplyDelete