Pages

Friday, April 2, 2010

GOOD FRIDAY

Some may say what is so good about it?
Well if it wouldn't be for what these pictures portray
our belief in the Catholic faith would be completely
different. For me, it is so awesome to believe
that this man allowed others to nail him to a cross
so we could be forever freed of our own sins for
the rest of our lives.
I know there are many who believe this is absolutely ridiculous.
That this did not happen.
I say to those people,
what do you have to loose to believe all God
has told us?
I choose to believe and because I believe
I know that no matter what I will be okay.
Because I believe I have an inner peace.
That no matter what, even if I don't believe
he will never leave me, he will forever be there for me
to help in all the things I may need.
Some say how stupid all this is to believe in such a
bogus story and I say I choose to believe because
it is the most awesome story of pure unselfishness.
some say Good Friday, what is so good about it?
Well for those of you who choose to not believe
that today marks the day our Lord and Savior
was nailed to a cross to free us from sin
I say these are the other things that make it a Good Friday.
1) We all woke up this morning.
2) Many will feast on crawfish
3) Many have the day off.
4) Majority have a family who love them even with all our imperfections.
5) Spring is in the air and the warmer weather allows
us so much more to do.
6) In two days we will be able to spend time with loved ones.
7) Options are open to us to make changes in our lives
if we choose to.
8) We can be happy, joyous, and free.
Many, many things to be thankful for the Good Friday
so no matter where you are, what you are thinking of,
the control of today rests in your hands.
Make it the best Good Friday ever.
Oh, and HOBL, hope you feel better soon
over there in Alaska.
Wish you were home so I could give you
medicine for that fever you have.
Love to all I call my family and friends.

3 comments:

  1. Lilly You restored my faith, I was so angry because of all that is happing with the priest and the Pope and the church hidding the sex scandle, I have not made one way of the crossm I missed mass on palm Sunday for no cother reason execpt that I didn't feel like going and that is sp not like me.I'm having a hard time being a Catholic. I will never change my relagon. It waS MY GRAND PARENTS RELAGION AND EVERYTHING i WAS TAUGHT AS A CHILD i STILL BELIEVE IS TRUE BUT IT STILL HAS BEEN HARD. wHEN i READ YOUR BLOGG i WAS INSPIRED, mY LITTLE SISTER GAVE ME BACK MY FAITH, i ALWAYS AND WILL ALWAYS BELIEVE IN GOD LOVE BIG SISTER MONE HAPPY EASTER LOVE YOU

    ReplyDelete
  2. SORRY ABOUT THE MISSSPELLED WORDS IT'S MY NAILS THEY ARE TOO LONG MONE

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not your nails, it's your freaking eyes already!!!! Love you, Mone.

    Can't really comment too much except to say that many years ago I put myself and my family in God's hands and so far He has supported us. I don't go to church but I live each and every day for God and with God. I try to be generous because I can't be good...I really try, but I just can't do it.

    Oh, well, life as it is is good..Thanks God!!!

    ReplyDelete