Pages

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Alaska is not sounding so bad right now

Our Alaska trip is only 5 days away
and the heat here in Louisiana
is making me really excited for the trip.
I am looking forward to temperatures
in the 50's and a chalet in the mountains
with a front second floor porch that overlooks
the mountains and a lake.
If I don't go anywhere but sit there on that porch
I will be a happy Lilly.
I so hate the summer heat but then
I so hate the winter cold also so
that makes me hard to please when it comes
to temperature.
Today I will hide in a 3-D theater
and cheer on Shrek with one of my favorite lil girls,
Bailey. Sounds like a good place to spend these
hot days of summer.
As we wonder and worry and complain about the oil spill
I will be brave enough to say,
I love my electricity, my airconditioned car
and all those other things that are the luxuries
we depend on to make us comfortable
that are thanks to oil companies like BP.

2 comments: