Pages

Saturday, June 12, 2010

annual mother daughter tea tomorrow



I wish I knew what year this became tradition for the Collins girls.
I know the first time I can recall Jesi was in second grade so that would be
1997 I believe.
It started as a way to help Mumsie and her Ladies of Lasalette raise
money for their organization.
Many of us did it for that reason.
We didn't really look forward to it but we did it because
Mumsie expected us to support her organization.
Over the years it has been something that not only are we
expected to be there but we enjoy being there and we look forward to it.
Mumsie has always prided herself on having the biggest table.
A few years ago Rebecca, who has always been our organization of
our table began themed table decoration.
Last year it was
SAVE THE TA-TA'S
Simone had just gotten a clean bill of health from her
second bout of breast cancer and in thanksgiving
she had bought all our tickets.
It was our very best event so far.
This year I don't want to give the theme away but
Jesi has now been pulled into the decorating with Rebecca
and I can only say that everyone will be floored
with their hard work and be so proud of our table.
Mumsie will also be honored by her old
organization as being one of the oldest members to
still be participating.
This will be a surprise for her.
I am not sure the head count of tomorrow
but I do know that many have made this sacrifice to be there
from far away. Aleena will be joining us all the way from Maine.
I find myself this morning very excited for the day to be here.
So excited that I will be baking cookies to donate to
all the wonderful sweets we divulge in on this afternoon
of fun and family, friends we only get to see every year.
Tommorrow, tomorrow, I love ya Tomorrow
you're only a day away!!!
Thanks, Orphan Annie

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for letting me join in on the Mother/ Daughter Tea tomorrow. I know it will be great fun and espically to be a part of Mumsie honoring of being the oldest member.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was in the Superdome when the "kick" went through the uprights and Brett Farve went home a "loser" and I can promise you it was not as loud as that tea party will be. Cacklin Hens on steroids.

    ReplyDelete