Pages

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Last day of Alaska vacation, flying through the beauty

One of the reasons why we held out until the last day for flying
was because we had many arguments over who we would fly with.
This was one argument that had a positive outcome because
on our last day the weather was most perfect which gave us the
chance to have the higher flight and a glacier landing which,
for me, was most important.
I wanted to land on snow, to have a chance for the babies
to play in something that we rarely get to do in Louisiana.
It was well worth all the waiting and it was my favorite
day of the vacation.
There was a professional photographer who was also going to
be on the glacier taking pictures so we had to sign releases
in case he used any of us in his pictures.
We got free T-shirts or hats for it so that made us
extremely excited.
Waiting for our flight gave me reasons for photo shoots
by this time everyone was getting tired of my camera.
Here we are all in our snow boots.
Putting these babies on my feet got me fired up because
I knew we were going to land in sweet snow.
I love watching baby boy and HOBL together.
Warms my heart to see them playing and horsing around.
Very obvious just how much these two love each other
even though they are constantly aggravating each other
they adore the other.
The best gift I ever gave these two was the other.
Volunteers were asked for the copilot job.
Baby girl jumped at the chance for this.
Sheer beauty. Takes my breath away to see the beauty of the
mountains. To be able to fly right through them was something
I will never forget as long as I live.
It fulfilled me and made me once again realize
how much I believe in my God.


Once we landed it was a half hour of pure play for the babies.
First thing Kd and baby girl did was make snow angels.
Something they both said they have always wanted to do.
The photographer loved this and took many pictures of the
two of them.




For 150 dollars a night you can sleep in this shack high up on the
mountain top. the owners of this space were smart.
They bought these acres of mountains right before
the state of Alaska declared all the mountains
theirs. Now these owners rent out their land for landings.







Yes, this was my very favorite adventure of the trip.
Thanks for going along with our Alaska adventure.
It was something none of us will ever forget.
Once again, thanks HOBL.
You will always be remembered for the one
who made this possible for 5 Riera's.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking us on vacation with you.... thanks for taking three days to do so too... I love me some Rierra's ... especially those that Represent! (brother Ronald) ... What's next on the summer agenda as we conintue with our own adventure... As The Rierra's Roll ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ... back to my mushy, sappy, and sometimes funny blogs BFOB...
    bet you can't wait to make fun of me... love ya!

    ReplyDelete