Pages

Monday, June 7, 2010

The most touching part of the trip

It doesn't matter how old you get or how much
your mind suffers from dementia,
the loss of a child is never far from your heart.
Mumsie crying and placing her hand on Larry's graveside
was the most touching thing for me to see.
Yes, sad but also a reminder to all of us of just how
precious family and children are.
The loss of a child whether it be in his 60's
are an unborn child in a mothers womb,
it is never far from your thoughts and mind.
To have spent the weekend with family especially
my siblings was something that we don't do often enough.
A fantastic time had by all and ending with a reminder
from our Mumsie,
It is all too short this life, so don't take any of it for granted.
Love you my siblings, my nieces and nephews
all my family.
I am go glad we had this weekend together.

3 comments:

  1. Nice post. But personally, looking at the photos, the most touching part is the dance scene with the "St. Pierre Groove" getting down.
    But that's my personal opinion... what do I know anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, anonymous -- AKA Brother-in-law you missed the St.Pierre Groove at the party. You were the lucky one, because I was embarrassing my 10 year old, but I did bust a move instead of my a--!!!

    The picture of Mommie is very touching, and for a momment I went back in time when we buried Poppie. She was just as sad. The good thing was she forgot about her sadness quickly, once we walked away. Very touching!

    ReplyDelete