Pages

Thursday, June 10, 2010

You just never know where a blog exists

This morning as I was sitting here at 6am
I had nothing to blog about.
I tried to come up with something that would
be of interest to my readers.
However I decided that I didn't want my blog to
be just another blog that is more like a diary.
I want my blog to always mean something to someone.
A lesson learned a chuckle given.
Not just something I write just to say I write a blog.
Because it is called lilbit of my world
I also have to realize that doesn't mean all about
other people's worlds.
So this morning I decide, no blog today.
Nothing of substance to blog about.
HOBL comes home today and I had enough to do.
I let go the fact that there will not be a blog today and
I head to my favorite Rousse's grocery store
to get groceries and cleaning products so I can
get the lair clean for the HOBL coming home.
Right when I get out of the car
I have to be cordial to a little elderly gentleman
entering the store.
"Good morning" I say as we walk up to the
automatic doors.
"Good morning to you too, it sure is hot out here today.
I had a heat stroke last week had to go to the hospital."
I am thinking, "No time for this little man, got lots to do"
But my mouth says something different,
"Was it in the middle of the day?"
He replies, "Yeah, stupid, huh?"
"Well I wouldn't say that but we do live in South Louisiana."
We both chuckle over this and I take my basket and
move on. Cute little man but I gotta go.
I round the fresh fruits,
HOBL, he likes fruits and so I pick out a few for him.
"So what are you cooking today?"
Yes, it is my new friend.
"Actually I am not cooking today, I am going
pick up my husband at the airport"
Then we get into the conversation of where he works
and who he works for and tick, tick, tick,
time is ticking.
"You should leave that husband at the airport"
OMG, am I being hit on by a 70 something year old man
in the produce department?
Ugh, I do not have time!!!
So I push my basket away from him as I say,
"No, I have to pick him up he takes really good care of me."
On to the meat department, have to at least look
like there are groceries I may cook in the refrigerator.
Oh, no here comes my little man.
"I am having to learn how to cook, even my dog won't eat it."
"My wife died not so long ago and she never taught me how
to cook. Now here I am having to learn on my own."
Awhhhh, okay now I get it. He is just a lonely little man
looking for a little conversation.
"Well that wasn't very nice of her was it?"
He laughs again, "No, it really wasn't."
Now I give this cute little man the attention he needs and deserves.
Who in the heck do I think I am that my mundane life
is more important than giving this lonely little man
15 minutes of my time?
So I stop there in the middle of the meat department
and give him all my attention.
One of my favorite butchers there joins in our conversation.
Evidently my little friend visits here often since
my butcher knows him by name and knows his life.
Finally we are ready to end our conversation.
This man thanks me, he thanks me for being so kind to him.
Really, is he kidding?
Shouldn't I be thanking him for reminding me,
WHATS SO EVER YOU DO FOR THE LEAST OF MY
BROTHERS THAT YOU DO UNTO ME
As I clean my home in preparation for HOBL's return home,
I am thankful that my husband is coming home.
I am thankful that I have a spouse who loves me
and because of his hard work I have this home
to keep clean, that I am not widowed like my friend.
I think of this little man as I clean and mop
and wonder what he is doing at his home.
Is he trying to prepare a meal for just himself and
his little dog? Are his days so long because for the
first time in his life he doesn't have a wife who loved
him so much that she cooked all his meals?
I hope I see this cute little man again when
I return to my Rousse's
I guarantee I will speak with him each and every time
and who knows, If I get the nerve, I may even invite
him to my home for a good home cooked meal.
Blogging continues.

7 comments:

  1. It is in what we initially believe as mundane that we find the divine! Nice blog, Lil. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty good blog for someone who wasn't going to blog today. Had a few minutes and wanted to catch up a bit...loved the weekend blog...

    Love ya,
    C

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah well I think he's a stalker and he knows when your husband is home and when he isn't and he's biding his time to be cordially invited in than WHAMO ..... while you're not looking he steals Trixie and Jake. Mundane my A@@! He's a sociopath with a mini canine fetish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. o.k. sis. What about me hu? i'll be seventy in July27. Did you think about telling your little old man that you had a big old sister hu? Just in case you see hi again don't mention me I'll find my own ,ove bg sister mone

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one made me cry.......I could use a good cry.... thanks

    Becky

    ReplyDelete