Pages

Friday, June 11, 2010

Proverbs

Yesterday while waiting for HOBL to land
I went to one of my favorite places on airline highway.
Bridge House second hand store.
If ever you are on airline stop by but have lots of time.
On this day I was looking for books
for our long flight to Alaska.
Hard cover books are a dollar, soft 50 cents.
A deal and thousands of books to look at.
A reading lovers dream.
As I scouted the shelves I came across a precious little book called
PROVERBS FOR DAILY LIVING
Hadn't thought about proverbs in a long time.
the book enthralled me and in it there was many
wise, wise sayings and many I thought would
interest others, not just me.
So I make my purchases and pick up HOBL.
On the way home I begin to read Proverbs.
There are many I loved but this one has stuck:
THE SOUL IS THE SHIP, REASON IS THE HELM,
THE OARS ARE THE SOUL'S THOUGHTS,
AND TRUTH IS THE PORT
Is that not all what we strive for, truth of ourselves?
May you sail your ship straight...
and watch out for oil slicks.

1 comment:

  1. What a conspiracy! We all know the kind of stores on Airline Hwy .... and we all know with HOBL coming home you were hitting those underground adult stores..... yesterday flirting it up at the grocery store then hitting the naughty store ... AND you throw in Proverbs?? I see right through it. And today is me and my gal's anniversary... and bbg is holding down the fort while we hit party town. (where was that store on airline?) ;)

    ReplyDelete