Pages

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Another of Kidd Kraddik


Okay you all, maybe it's just too much about Kidd and
the loss he is to the world.
I cannot even get through any of the podcasts out there
following his death.
To hear his dear friends, try and have a radio show without him,
is too much for me. How did they do it?
I do not know.
They mention and remind me how much Kidd loved
Ben Folds and that his tattoo he had done was the two words
THE LUCKIEST
and I have to go and find the lyrics to the song.
I remember back years ago that this very song reminded him so much
of his dear, dear, Caroline, his baby girl who is now a young adult.
I post the words here so that I can gain some peace of his loss.
I have never given death as much thought as I have since Mommy died
and loosing Kidd has me also wondering, what is the next life like?
From the words of the song to the two words tattooed on his body,
The luckiest,
We must all know that Kidd had a full life,
one in which not only did he feel lucky but
made us all feel like we should also feel that way in life.
I share those words with you here and now...

Ben Folds Five - The Luckiest Lyrics

Artist: Ben Folds Five
Album: Miscellaneous
Genre: Rock
  • Songwriters: Ben Folds
I don't get many things right the first time
In fact, I am told that a lot
Now I know all the wrong turns
The stumbles and falls brought me here

And where was I before the day
That I first saw your lovely face?
Now I see it everyday
And I know that I am
I am, I am the luckiest

What if I'd been born fifty years before you
In a house on the street where you live?
Maybe I'd be outside as you passed on your bike
Would I know?

And in a wide sea of eyes
I see one pair that I recognize
And I know that I am
I am, I am the luckiest

I love you more than I have
Ever found a way to say to you

Next door, there's an old man who lived to his 90's
And one day, passed away in his sleep
And his wife, she stayed for a couple of days
And passed away

I'm sorry, I know that's a strange way
To tell you that I know we belong
That I know that I am
I am, I am the luckiest

Read more at http://www.songlyrics.com/ben-folds-five/the-luckiest-lyrics/#wzZetX74Ege0DxAD.99 

No comments:

Post a Comment