Pages

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Grandpa, tell me bout the good old days

My new vehicle has XM radio which is one of my favorite
things about my new wheels.
Often I am surprised by an old song I have not heard in
some time. Yesterday it was the old Judd song,
GRANDPA, TELL ME BOUT THE GOOD OL'DAYS
Sometimes it feels like the worlds' gone crazy
grandpa, take me back to yesterday
when the line between right and wrong didn't
seem so hazy.
Did lovers really fall in love to stay,
and stand beside each other come what may?
Promises were something people kept
not something they would say.
Did families really bow their heads to pray
and daddy's really never go away...
...grandpa, everything is changing fast
they call it progress but I just don't know.
Oh how I loved that song back in the day,
and still do. Again, it is something I want for my
grandbaby.
The part of the song that makes me have "gro-cud"
(makes me want to cry)
AND DADDY'S REALLY NEVER GO AWAY
I think of all those children and their mommys and daddies
who have gone through divorces and I realize what
a true blessing it is for the children who never have
to worry about Daddy going away.
Go to Itunes and listen again to the oldie but goodie.


3 comments:

  1. hey sis wereent we blessed that our dad never whent away? i love that song also lol mone

    ReplyDelete
  2. the gros cud is what the big bull chews while sitting in the shade of a tree ......

    the gros cur (big heart) makes you cry

    the gros fess is why you need to lose 15 pounds
    the gros bedan is why i need to lose 50 pounds

    any questions?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anon, thanks for clearing that up, now get to that 50 pounds so the Plaisance kids never have to see their daddy "go away".
    They would be lost without you...

    ReplyDelete