Pages

Monday, October 3, 2011

I AM HAPPY TO SAY....


... my baby girl is gay.
Yes, I now have her permission to blog about
her life while joining the world of a gay woman.
We, her parents, her family, and those who loved her
have known this for some time.
I am proud, proud of the way she has handled herself.
It is an open subject in our home and when
she told us, my only tears were for the fact
that I don't want the world to be mean to her.
Her answer to that was true baby girl fashion,
"Mom when have a ever gave a f@#& what the world thought of me."
She is right, she doesn't care.
Her Aunt Donna, HOBL's sister who died many years ago
was also gay. This was back in the 80's when life was
very rough for gay people. The world has changed
and I like to believe that people like Donna have paved
the way so life could be easier for my baby girl.
There are still some however, who believe having a gay
child is a "cross to bear".
This makes me angry. This is not a cross, this is my child,
I do not care that she is gay, I care that she continues
to be a responsible adult, that her morals remain the same
as they were before. I proudly say to people that my
child is gay and I get many reactions, I do get angered by
those who believe this is something not to talk about.
She is my child, I love her unconditionally, and this,
really does not and should not, ever change the way I love her.
I understand that not all parents love their children
unconditionally and that makes me sad for them.
I say to BG, we have to be outspoken about this cause,
because we are to continue to carry the torch her Aunt Donna carried
back in the 80's, to change the way society looks at gay individuals.
As her daddy said, "I will put a sign in my yard saying,
"My daughter is gay"
if she would allow us to.
Baby girl is in an awesome relationship with a young woman
who is very smart and pretty,
who attends LSU and who we like very much.
I see baby girl with her, and her happiness and I smile,
because what I want for her is happiness,
same all parents should want for their children.
I adore you baby girl!

6 comments:

  1. As long as your child in in a happy, loving, and healthy relationship - life is good! It matter's not to me the gender of the person...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm proud of you Jesi and I was never ashamed of you being gay, i was a little disapointed in you not telling us earlier to save you mental pain, because you knew that I always accepted gay people and took up for them, as far as mom being worried that the world is cruel, to hell with them judge mental bastards and to hell with religions and these bible freaks that believe being gay is a sin, its them that will burn in hell, oh by the way at least we have something that we relate to, I have been a lesbian for many years now and tryed to hide it, but know i,m coming out the closet, love dad. If any one f--ks with you let me know I would be delighted to confront a homophobic asshole even if it meant i would get my ass kick, it wouldn't be the first one i had. still waiting for the invite to bourbon street with your friends, use to have great times with my sister at gay bars.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Someday, being gay will be no more noteworthy than having brown eyes, red hair, crooked toes, or dimples.....simply a matter of fact! Until then, be who you are...every day...without apology or explanation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you too momma. This pic is atrocious though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this story is so touching, i have only read this one post but totally joining your blog based on this! xxxx

    http://dontevenbotherwearingthat.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Of all the pics.... I must agree

    You need to brush your teeth.

    And if we're playing hangman... that would be a "u" and a "c".

    ReplyDelete