Pages

Saturday, October 1, 2011

ALS awareness

Today I head, along with one of my besties. Laurie
and her daughter, my friend to NOLA.
Why you ask?
Well, to support another bestie, Ann and her family
at the annual ALS walk-a-thon
at Zephyr's stadium.
I am attending for Ann's daddy as well
as Gina B. as we already are embarking on a year
that she has been gone from us.
It will be a beautiful day and I am very excited
to see all of the Louvierre family.
To spend the day with them and with three
of my best buds, nothing but spectacular.
Enough money has to be raised to find a cure
or at least a medication to slow down the dreaded
disease of Lou Gehrig's.
Please use this beautiful day to do something
wonderful. To play outside with your kiddies,
to spend time with your family.
While doing that, dedicate the day to Mr. Charles
and his family who struggle with the day to day
living that calls itself ALS.
Do not waste the day, too many don't have
the chance to live it to the fullest.
I forget this more days than not but I am
in the "fake it till you make it" mode
and I must say I am winning!

No comments:

Post a Comment