Pages

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

HOME

COMING HOME
Gwyneth Paltrow, Country Strong.
IT'S A FOUR LETTER WORD,
A PLACE TO GO TO HEAL YOUR HURT
IT'S AN ALTAR, IT'S A SHELTER
ONE PLACE YOUR ALWAYS WELCOMED...
HOME...
THEY SAY IT'S WHERE THE HEART IS...
HOME...
Ahhhh, my childhood home, what memories I have there.
This picture was taken when it was new, way before
the last Collins baby lived there.
Yet when I look at it, good memories of a
wonderful childhood fill my head and heart.
This place, in my mind, will always be home.
It was not the building but the love that HOME provided.
I place where I longed to be on the long days of school.
I hope my own children have a sense of peace
when thinking back to their childhood homes.
I know it is not the building but the feeling
that where your parents are is home,
that there you are always welcomed
and you know you are loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment