Pages

Friday, September 6, 2013

Love me some quotes.

I love quotes. 
Always have. 
When I was a teenager, it was not as easy as it is now,
there were no computers, no books written just filled with 
quotes. There are those that when you read them
you wish you had wrote it yourself.
There are those others that hit you like a ton of
bricks, talk to you the way you need to hear.
These are two of my favorites right now.
Wish I had written them myself for all 
the emotion, all the lessons learned in just a 
small paragraph.
The top one, Oh if we all could live by this.
Even me, at my 50 year old self,
When feelings and pain get it in the way of our relationships,
we forget the basic things that this quote teaches us.

and then there is that wonderful woman,
the one we all know as Mother Theresa.
The things she has taught us by her actions,
always giving, rarely receiving, 
I beleive she sits on the side of the Big Man
as no woman, in our lifetime shows us more, by her
actions and words, the way in which Our Father
 wants for us to all live.
Easily said than done, I can use my old line,
"When I grow up, I want to be just like her"
Mother Theresa, we all should strive to be more like her.

No comments:

Post a Comment